Elementary school investigates custodian who dressed as a creepy clown and photographed himself in the building after hours

Originally published at: Elementary school investigates custodian who dressed as a creepy clown and photographed himself in the building after hours | Boing Boing

1 Like

Is there such a thing as a non-creepy clown?

8 Likes

I’m no expert, but I get the impression from the custodian’s / clown’s comments that he might need some professional counseling before returning to his job. He seems quite sad.

10 Likes

Yeah, quite silly that the thing that bothers people and catches headlines is the clown suit stuff. That seems to be the most harmless or alarming aspect of the story, especially in the context of him fundraising for an indie film.

8 Likes

You can try googling for sexy clowns. They’re out there.

3 Likes

What, where was this? My BiL is an elementary school custodian.

I think some clowns for kid are fun/cute. Ronald McDonald, for example. Puddles is Sad, but not creepy.

Though, thanks to the internet, I know there are also sexy clowns. ETA - Grey Devil beat me.

4 Likes

But did he get all his chores done? :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

If he wasn’t involving students in any way, I don’t care about him playing dress up and taking pictures. I can see lots of concerns about some of the other elements of the story, though, and I hope he gets some help because I suspect he needs it. (My sympathies – I can hear the depression in those short sentences.)

Sure. Look up “Knockers the Clown” a character that educator Ducky Doolittle used to perform as. Ducky is a really cool person and has a great time as Knockers. She and another clown also pulled a hilarious fast one on Larry Elder’s obnoxious “Moral Court” show.

12 Likes

So a horror cosplayer shoots photos of himself on the job in an empty school?
So what? Did he finish his work for the evening?
Sounds creative and the school is making hay out of nothing.

12 Likes

One of the funniest people I’ve ever known and seen perform is a clown in the traditional mold. She would perform with a local drag/cabaret troupe and really helped me understand the artistry of it all. Unsurprisingly, she ended up auditioning for and landing a gig with Circe du Soleil.

6 Likes

On a serious note, and hopefully not too off topic, yesterday i had a realization that:

Clowns have historically been a beloved character that entertained people across multiple mediums. Then that image was mostly tainted by the whole creepy clown thing, however one could consider drag performers to be the modern stand-in for clowning. I don’t believe it’s intentional but functionally they overlap on certain elements, they just tend to be more raunchy and counter culture

6 Likes

I saw Cirque for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago. Saw Mystère at Tresure Island in Las Vegas while visiting a local friend for a wedding. Had a blast.

3 Likes

I could see a school district objecting to being publicly linked to anything to do with horror movies without at least an agreement in advance

It doesn’t sound like the guy is even in trouble really — if anything this is the most publicity he’s ever gotten in his life as an artist

7 Likes

New Hampshirite here. I would classify this story as among the least disturbing education news to originate from the state since I’ve lived here.

5 Likes

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

3 Likes

i owe you the intention of a carbonated , iced , and sweetened beverage of your choice

1 Like

When the Northeast secedes, New Hampshire will be both our Texas and our West Virginia.

Thank U Reaction GIF by Mauro Gatti

Out Of Control GIF by The Chemical Brothers

1 Like

Off topic, but this is Hermann Rorschach (ca. 1910, ca. 38 years old):

4 Likes

You can’t fool me, that’s Brad Pitt.

5 Likes