Elementary students assigned elf murder case

Solved.

14 Likes

The worst part about this is, they could have just not made it so damned grisly and instead made it some other kind of mystery and it would have had the same educational value–especially when you’re dealing with 8 and 9 year old children.

Whole thing stinks of some self-branded “old school” person deciding that kids these days need to “toughen up.”

Catholic School?

2 Likes

Encyclopedia Brown is on the case!

Please tell me the kids still read Encyclopedia Brown anymore.

4 Likes

If that doesn’t get the kiddos to behave, I don’t know what will.

3 Likes

It’s a little buggy, but great fun

3 Likes

snoop-murder-case-gave-me

6 Likes

This is what happens when Elfs try and join a union. The North Pole Police or Pole-ICE are on Santa’s payroll and likely implicit in this crime. You really don’t want to cross GodFather Christmas or you’ll end up with a reindeer head in your bed.

6 Likes

Who would do that? Oh, yes, the whole Whoville PD…

Crying and pouting are OK, if he was close to the victim.

1 Like

hate to break it to you but your son just became the prime suspect.

1 Like

Then why weren’t the junior detectives saying “primary, my dear Watson”?

4 Likes

Don’t forget the shoemaker and his wife…

2 Likes

If you haven’t already seen the Kevin Costner film Mr. Brooks, I’d skip it if I were you!

1 Like

Given your user name, that sounds a bit racist.

8 Likes

Here’s a whole list of mysteries for young readers, including 9 and 10 year olds. Some of these books include murder. Some include fantasy creatures. All are considered appropriate for the age group.

But of course, not all parents agree on what is appropriate for their children. I just hope that this creative teacher who was doing excellent work in engaging his students in an immersive lesson plan does not face any serious negative consequences for the concerns of those outraged parents.

(Also, let me take this moment to mourn the days when kids could go to school on the bus by themselves, spend hours at the playground without adult supervision of any kind, and discuss gruesome fictional crimes of legend and modern story telling without parents and other well meaning adults freaking the frack out.)

6 Likes

Fae-ist more like

8 Likes

You get an extra brownie point.

7 Likes

Ah, time to dust off this NSFW holiday classic:

6 Likes

How about this (yes its real)

6 Likes

7 Likes