Elizabeth Warren wants the US Post Office to help shut down Wall Street abuses

On Tuesday, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) headlined an event that launched a new coalition calling itself “Take On Wall Street.”

The group includes lawmakers like Warren, Reps. Keith Ellison (D-MN) and Nydia Velazquez (D-NY), labor leaders like the AFL-CIO’s Richard Trumka and the AFT’s Randi Weingarten, as well as civil rights groups, community groups, and the organizing giant Move On.

It aims to put pressure on lawmakers at all levels to pass stricter rules governing the financial system.

Operating on two principles — “No cheating, and no pushing the risks on taxpayers,” as Warren put it — it’s making five key demands: breaking up the biggest banks; ensuring access to non-predatory banking products, including through the United States Post Office . . . .

Did she say the U.S. Post Office? I kinda like that idea . . .

via Thinkprogress

5 Likes

Fuck yeah!

But IMO we need to be thinking bigger than taking on just Wall Street… it should be Take On the Elite; including the military-industrial complex, and shit-heel scumbag mobs like ALEC, the Kochs, Fox, all those right-wing think tanks, etc…

3 Likes

Sign me up! :smiley_cat:

I love the potential in this plan for its specifics and partly because of the “U.S.” in U.S. Post Office which is neglected as a resource.

A national work force could help align other partners and accelerate larger progressive agenda items.

3 Likes

The collective awakens.

1 Like
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 269 days. New replies are no longer allowed.