Elon Musk begs brands for Twitter engagement

tumblr’s long had a couple versions of XKit - a Firefox and chrome extension who essentially undoes a vast number of stupid changes made to tumblr’s UI. The first time I tried it, there were sooooo many options I froze up and deleted it. When I finally got XKit & stuck with it, I wished I’d done it the first time!

One similar, but smaller & newer Violentmonkey (I think) script is even called “Dashboard Unfucker”!

3 Likes

This isn’t even the first time he’s done this. A couple weeks ago he responded to another Diablo post saying that it’d be great if they joined their twitter community.

This time it reads more like an order than an ask. I would not be surprised if the next time he just has it set up that posts from that account will crosspost to the community section whether they want it to or not.

2 Likes

There’s a hometown FB group (I know, I know) that I belong to that, for two of the members, is just a place to re-post Xitters. They display with a telescope and caption “No preview available” these days. I don’t follow those links anymore and once posted to ask, “Is this Facebook or Twitter?” Ouch!

If they’d do screen shots, I’d be far less annoyed. I signed out of Xitter months ago and am only hanging onto my account so I can log on one last time when it’s having its swan song.

But, hey, to each their own.

3 Likes

Hopefully those brands respond to Musk’s pleas in the language he knows best: just a single :poop: emoji. If it’s good enough for X’s (non-existent) PR department, shouldn’t it be good enough for responses to Elon Musk?

4 Likes

I clicked on accident trying to navigate around with my laggy browser and wireless keyboard/mouse. I’m sure there are hundreds of us!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.