Elon Musk calls for breakup of Amazon, because 'monopolies are wrong'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/04/elon-musk-calls-for-breaking-u.html

2 Likes

Has anybody read that book? The title sets off some warning flags for me that it might be full of crackpot Q-Anon conspiracy theories.

7 Likes

I’m not finding anything on it, but given his other “non”-fiction book, I don’t have high hopes: http://www.alexberenson.com/tell-your-children-the-truth-about-marijuana-mental-illness-and-violence/

6 Likes

Could someone just invoke the 25th amendment already?

1 Like

What a fucking hypocrite.

Elon musk isn’t the president (thank god).

15 Likes

Pot, kettle, something something. Well if Elon would put his money where his mouth is, he could publish this guy’s book himself.

4 Likes

Berenson could publish elsewhere, but it’s more profitable for his crackpot brand to shriek and wail about being a victim.

10 Likes

I’m writing a book exposing a massive fraud perpetrated on the nation by someone I call Individual X, also variously known as Donald Trump, Elon Musk, and Kanye West. These are clearly all the same person, using a supercharged mutant malignant narcissism to fool us into believing they are separate individuals.

It’s titled The Mirror Dare Not Lie and I’ll be self-publishing it on Amazon this fall.

12 Likes

That’s odd. Amazon didn’t reject my book when I attempted to publish a completely fictional story…

6 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re making a joke, are writing a fiction book or a non-fiction book here? Sorry, the world is too fucked up right now for me to be able to tell… :grimacing:

12 Likes

I don’t have high hopes

5 Likes

I don’t think I’m so far gone yet that I believe that, though come to think of it, I haven’t seen all three of those jerks in one place at the same time. If you could see the soft shoe routine I’m doing, you’d have know I was making a bad joke. Visual humor is hard on the internet.

Also, I may or may not be stoned.

14 Likes

Let them fight

4 Likes

Settle it in the Tesladome!

10 Likes

couldn’t he just buy a publisher & publish his odious little screed that way, I thought billionaires could do whatever they want.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Sure thing, (pay) pal!

3 Likes

Would you consider any of his businesses to be monopolies within their sector?

1 Like

Not really, but while I consider Amazon somewhat evil I don’t think it’s a monopoly either - I can always buy someplace else and mostly do. I do consider Bezos and Musk similar. Both are narcissists that don’t care if they put people in harms way as long as it doesn’t impact their own bottom line.

4 Likes

Is something preventing Musk from publishing it?

3 Likes