Elon Musk feuds with Apple, teases possible Tesla phone

Why is it the anti government regulation people are always the first ones that want the government to regulate things?

8 Likes

We are in complete agreement here I feel Disclosure:: never not outsourced it at work.

3 Likes

Just Huawei that the US government kicked off the Play Store. Xiaomi for example (last Chinese phone I bought that my daughter has now) were on the store, and still are here, and deliver features at a fraction of the price. Multi SMS and SD cards standard too.

They won’t have camera software to rival Samsung or Apple but they are marvels of software correction over physics. Amazing.

3 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes

… of course the current version of the web interface locks up on purpose after a few minutes to motivate us to install the app

1 Like

It used to. Hasn’t blocked reading threads for a few days now for me. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

But if he picks a fight with Apple, what’s to stop him picking one with Google as well? Although it happens far less often, and gets almost no mainstream coverage, Google pulls apps for content as well. They also have the same “secret tax”.

1 Like

Still doing it to me. Plus: is threading getting a bit janky? Sometimes I’ll see a tweet posted clearly in response to another tweet, but with no visible connection.

1 Like

God nothing to stop him. Not like anyone would step in and as has been pointed out his strategy is all US on mobile so Google aren’t that important.

Google don’t charge quite such usurious rates though.

2 Likes

So, exactly the same as the google play store?

Yes, absolutely. No question about that.

4 Likes

I’d say the response of “boy does it suck to be twitter” would be a very nice one.

Star Trek GIF

13 Likes

Well yeah. Except that in Google’s case they picked the number because Apple already had.

1 Like

You’re gonna love “it’s better on the TeslaPhone” popups.

4 Likes

But that’s a skewed stat. More than 75% of car fires are in older models, due to overall deterioration. Given that all the Teslas on the road are relatively new, it’s skewed to compare them to all of the hybrid or gas cars, of which there are many, many more older models plying the roads right now.
You’d have to compare newer models only, regardless of energy source, for this to be a compelling argument.

14 Likes

This very article has been discussed here before and was found questionable.

15 Likes

Unless something has changed recently, their cuts are pretty much the same. The only difference is the cost to become a developer: Google Play Store and Apple App Store fees, (+12 other stores) ?

How it is monopolistic power when Twitter isn’t in competition with Apple? It is using their services to allow user to use their app?

And they have terms of use that they can enforce to not allow an app on their service.

2 Likes

Maybe the EncroPhone is an option?

3 Likes