Elon Musk spreads debunked stories about voter fraud

Originally published at: Elon Musk spreads debunked stories about voter fraud - Boing Boing

6 Likes
11 Likes

“The last thing I would do is trust a computer program,”

Says the guy who’s confidently promising that computer programs should drive his vehicles on public thoroughfares.

Make no mistake, if Il Douche makes his margin in a few weeks it will be in large part due to help from Musk, Thiel, and the other techbro greedpigs who threw hundreds of millions of dollars at the campaign.

20 Likes

Lest we forget, this was a theory that originated from a woman who emailed Fox News that “the wind” had spoken to her about it.

Even the Disney version of Pocahontas wouldn’t have placed that much credence in the wind without getting confirmation from other sources first.

14 Likes

oh please oh please oh please

9 Likes

Is this clown for fucking real? This statement should become the final nail in the coffin for Tesla.

13 Likes

What I came here for.

11 Likes

Promises are cheap, especially from anyone in the orbit of Donald Trump. If Musk were willing to put money (a decent amount, too, not $5 or $10 but more like $500 or $1000) in my hand before or while I signed the petition I’d at least consider it.

I’m betting Musk wouldn’t do the due diligence of asking if I’d already voted (I put my ballot in the box outside town hall earlier this week) or who I voted for if I had (and I wouldn’t tell him. But I feel pretty confident that Vice President Harris is going to win Massachusetts, a state that she and President Biden won with twice as many votes as Trump in 2020.) A fool and his money …

Anyway, +1 to the hope that Dominion Voting Systems sues him and either gets him to settle (a la Fox “News”, unlikely to happen) or wins.

9 Likes

Like the Full Self Driving in his Teslas?

7 Likes

Now that money is political speech, the next logical step is to allow the extremely wealthy to buy your vote explicitly, with a verifiable audit trail so that they can confirm that you voted the way you promised.

Coming to a Supreme Court decision near you soon …

10 Likes

Don’t be preposterous. They wouldn’t allow vote selling. That would be akin to bribery.

Now offering a “gratuity” after you show that you voted a certain way, that’s a logical (:roll_eyes:) extension of businesses offering you something if you show an “I Voted!” sticker.

Or taking advantage of all that blank space on the walls of the voting booth – imagine how much ad revenue that could gather for the people in charge of the voting equipment the government!

3 Likes

Except that they weren’t. What an idiot!

6 Likes

In which case, having a verifiable digital record of exactly how each voter voted would be a public service, enabling voters to collect their totally legal “gratuity” track their political activity for their own purposes.

I like the way you think. Would you like a seat on the Supreme Court?

4 Likes

Don’t you mean The Supreme Court™ (sponsored by Apple, Motion Picture Association, General Motors, Boeing, and X)?

Mike Judge vastly overestimated how long it would take us to reach peak Idiocracy.

5 Likes

Years ago, in areas dominated by criminal gangs of former police officers in Rio de Janeiro, voters were coerced into voting for certain candidates. To ensure the votes, children accompanied people to the voting booth to see if the vote was as agreed. Then they began to demand that voters film the entire process. Nowadays, electoral regulations require that cell phones be left on a table, away from the voting machine.

5 Likes

I’m hoping for the best outcome: them losing hundreds millions and still lose.

6 Likes

Of course our worst illegal, ooops ‘grey area’, immigrant is spreading manure in our political pastures. Along with his whole ‘dems are bringing in illegal brown folk to vote!’ BS, this joker needs his security clearance yanked and his meme stonk car company’s wings clipped (tax incentives and gun space contracts etc have kept his BS afloat the whole damn time)

4 Likes

The US electoral process is very confusing to me. I don’t know S***, but now that the voting period has begun, wouldn’t this type of behavior be considered an electoral crime by a foreign agent?

7 Likes

NandorLaptop

“This fucking guy…”

3 Likes

Melon Husk; “It is weird that I think they were used in Philadelphia”

Yeppers.

Is that 6th dimensional chess at work?

4 Likes