Elon Musk's hypocrisy: funding a lawsuit that silences free speech

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/26/elon-musks-hypocrisy-funding-a-lawsuit-that-silences-free-speech.html

5 Likes

Everyone already knows Elno’s a liar, bigot and fascist. Now more people will know that this doctor’s degree isn’t worth the vellum it’s printed on. She should have had her licence to practice medicine revoked because she’s a menace to public health.

12 Likes

It’s not inconsistent or hypocritical to claim “free speech is the bedrock of democracy” while funding lawsuits against free speech if you don’t actually value democracy.

10 Likes

Wilhoit’s law
This quotation is often incorrectly attributed to Francis M. Wilhoit:
Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

So, whoever said it, doesn’t really matter, it is very true and the asshole billionaires prove it every damn day.

13 Likes

Silencing free speech is an issue across this country. I’m facing a SLAPP lawsuit because of a petition I wrote about healthcare in my community. Please take a few seconds to support. It is called: Patient Safety in Maine Matters.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.