Elusive squid with biological headlights attacks undersea camera (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/03/elusive-squid-with-biological-headlights-attacks-undersea-camera-video.html

8 Likes

Just a squid saying, “No TikTok!”

8 Likes

Or signaling a pass in the fast lane!

4 Likes

Reboing!

3 Likes

That happens quite a bit around here.

1 Like

It’s the only place on the web that you get reboings at all!

9 Likes

tumblr_7651042a48c8704d01268dbc89416dd5_5cbee28e_640.gif

5 Likes

Hang on! We can have biological headlights?

I want light-up fingertips to go with a second thumb in place of my useless pinkies.

6 Likes

Oh, those kind of headlights. :frowning:

2 Likes

Taningia danae zoo is a little inaccessible! Nothin’ like photophores to say “I’m not out of oxygen and my operating depth, behold this! You’re out of oxygen and your operating depth…with me! And yeah I’m out of uni condiments.”

3 Likes

sci-fi et GIF by MANGOTEETH

I’m reminded of this:

The Cobras had implanted lasers in their pinkies, and a heavier duty antiarmour one on the thighbone that fired out through their heel as I recall - one scene has one clearing a room by diving to the floor and busting out a breakdancing spin, firing continuously from his foot :grin::

Bai had called the maneuver a break, for obscure historical reasons; the trainees had privately dubbed it the backspin. Curled up in a half-fetal position, knees tucked almost to his chest, Jonny’s antiarmor laser swept the line of soldiers, flashing instant death. Only three of the dozen or so soldiers escaped that first salvo, and they died on Jonny’s second spin.

Textbook example of Zahn’s prose.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.