Enjoy the musical stylings of Poopy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/27/enjoy-the-musical-stylings-of.html

2 Likes

Poopy reaches Number 2!

6 Likes

Everyone with Poopy in mind appreciates a smooth flow.

2 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing!

3 Likes

Listening to Poopy’s music… for shits and giggles.

4 Likes

Poopy? Wonder how she got that name?

1 Like

That was accidental, I’m sure

3 Likes

As a person who appreciates lyrics, I’m often disappointed when I can’t tell what a song is about because of a lack of subtitled translations.

Ugh. Eigthies synth rubbish. Boy am I glad we left that period behind us.

Pity the worst music coming out of western culture is spread across the globe :frowning:

Oh god, I spent my gap year in Madagascar and remember her - we had cassettes from the market in Antananarivo which we listened to maybe once. I was sure she spelled it Popy though (but pronounced ‘Poopy’, definitely).

There is some amazing Malagasy music out there - stuff played on the valiha, which is a circular harp; and I remember an album of guitar music called Bal Kabosy by I think Rossy, came out around the same time.

2 Likes

Hadn’t heard of it, nice! thanks!

1 Like

Man, I will never, ever make fun of Madagascar. As an ESL teacher in France, I’ve had several students from Madagascar and they have consistently been the kindest, most hard-working students I’ve ever had. And English is often their third or fourth language! Love those guys.

2 Likes

Does she actually poop at any stage or is she, like Pooh Bear, fecal in name only?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.