Enjoy this oddly satisfying video of cadmium light green paint getting made

Originally published at: Enjoy this oddly satisfying video of cadmium light green paint getting made | Boing Boing

To refer to anything as being “made”, it should include at least two materials being mixed together. This is “Cadmium Light Green Paint Being Thrown From One Place to Another Place, Less Than Two Feet Away.”

5 Likes

Cadmium paint might be pretty but you probably shouldn’t use it.

7 Likes

I do appreciate the small batch handcrafters, though – like my supplier, Blue Ridge Oil Colors.

3 Likes

Does Cadmium Green paint still contain cadmium? Many times the name is retained when less toxic alternatives are implemented.
eta: yes it does, but in minimal amounts.
eta: green pudding!

3 Likes

“overexposure may occur even in situations where trace quantities of cadmium are found”

2 Likes

The green pudding, don’t eat it!

3 Likes

I’ve been watching too much Bake Off. That was a whole lot of green buttercream icing.

That would be “Cadmium Green Hue”

That reminds me, I need to pick up some nitrile gloves.

3 Likes

Earlier this year, we had a lab scare when the new tech made up a solution that killed grasshoppers, stopping all neural activity (not much could kill an insect so completely). After asking her to walk me through exactly what she did, I learned with horror that she mistook the CaCl2 (calcium chloride) and CdCl2 (cadmium chloride) solutions I had in the fridge. The resulting solution was 20x the human LD50 (the dosage that gives a 50% chance of death). It really doesn’t take much to be a potentially fatal risk.

The near-death solution was disposed of correctly, I added a warning label to the CdCl2 stock, and no harm was done (except to 3 hoppers), but cadmium is one of the chemicals that I’m most scared of. Stopping the heart and all neural transmission is not what I want from a day of work (or painting)

6 Likes

Ec7gUJNXYAEw5Re

2 Likes

The “catch” being that your superpower is at best a means to winning first prize in local art fairs. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I suspect “Hue-man” is probably a sidekick power … :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.