Enjoy this virtual experience of coughing loudly at a classical concert and annoying everyone in the audience

Originally published at: Enjoy this virtual experience of coughing loudly at a classical concert and annoying everyone in the audience | Boing Boing

5 Likes

This happened to me IRL at a 2010 performance by Ryuichi Sakamoto that I drove three hours to see. Some woman was hacking up a lung throughout the whole show several rows in front of me, and ruined the experience - that’s the primary memory I have of that show now. I just don’t understand how she didn’t have the presence of mind and courtesy to go to the lobby until she could get her shit under control.

I still seethe about that show.

4 Likes

I went to a Branford Marsalis Trio concert years and years ago, and I kinda wish someone had broken out in a coughing fit at that show. It might have improved the experience.

Too funny! In summer months there are lots of outdoor classical concerts in my area. Fans are so passionate about the music that I could imagine a picnicker doing something similar being smothered with their own blanket. :grimacing:

I’m no longer a concert-goer, so it amazes me to see some pop music performance videos on BB. They’ve become sing-alongs, with the audience drowning out the artists. I guess some scenarios are tolerated less than others, though:

1 Like

Patrick O’Brian’s Aubrey-Maturin series famously begins with a similar scene that almost results in a duel between our two main characters. :smiley:

1 Like

Sometimes a hard-working performer just needs a break to enjoy their turkey leg.

1 Like

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.