Ennio Morricone's 'Rabbia E Tarantella'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/06/ennio-morricones-rabbia-e.html

3 Likes
3 Likes

My personal favourite Morricone deep cut is Chi Mai because I associate Le Professionel with my childhood. It was on sometimes and I’ve always enjoyed it. I’m always up for a Jean Paul Belmondo movie and the music is incredibly evocative (at least for me).

RIP Ennio.

1 Like

VW Record Runner

2 Likes

The slow resolve to a cadance of certainty makes more sense (to me) when one views the film for which Rabbia E Tarantella was originally composed: Allonsanfàn

here’s a low quality clip for the progressive march to revolutionary Italy which embodies the “anger” (Rabbia).

R.I.P. Ennio Morricone
20 November 1928 – 6 July 2020

4 Likes

I watched Cinema Paradiso this weekend, I had the house alone, got kinda drunk (long movie made even longer with unnecessary bonus ‘director’s cut’ footage), and found myself bawling and in tears by the end. It was definitely Morricone’s theme music that was the catalyst.

Music used to make me cry all the time when I was a kid, but as I got older and more layers of emotional callus built up around me it disappeared. Except for Morricone music, which always gets me.

(This unique mix only appeared on a Virgin ‘best of’ collection, but is one of my favorites.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.