Eno performing gorgeous, haunting "There Were Bells" from forthcoming album ForeverAndEverNoMore

Originally published at: Eno performing gorgeous, haunting "There Were Bells" from forthcoming album ForeverAndEverNoMore | Boing Boing

1 Like

I think a good start for this whole conversation is a re-framing. It’s not about “saving the planet”. It’s about saving HUMANITY and our entire civilization. Earth could give a rats ass about Homo Sapiens. Our collective existence and history just a blip in the planets entirety. Earth has seen countless species come and go, we are no different. Earth will still be spinning around the sun and doing just fine when the last trace of us is gone, the only sign we were ever even here will be our robots on Mars and the Voyager and Pioneer probes lost in the void.

A beautiful piece of music - hearing it I was put in mind of Dead Can Dance or Shiva in Exile, two of my favorites. I am definitely going to look for more Brian Eno now, and look forward to the release of this album.

Yes - I thought it sounded much more like Dead Can Dance than Brian Eno. Not to worry - I like them both very much.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.