Enter to win a new Casper Mattress and Deluxe Parachute Sheets

[Read the post]

No I haven’t!

5 Likes

You really should put a piece of tape over your webcam…

7 Likes

I either think of the friendly ghost or that D-bag Weinberger who may be a ghost himself by now. No way I’d be interested in snoozing on either one of those.

1 Like

Neither have I. I have to say I’m rather offended by this presumptuous ad copy. Mine is two years old, thank you very much.

2 Likes

Yeah, seriously. “Admit it - you’re gross and dirty and have no idea what you’re doing.” Feh.

3 Likes

Holy hell - $1200? I was just at BloodBath and Beyond, and didn’t see any sheets over $200. A quick web search reveals no mattresses over $600. So are these retail plus a 50% markup?

We take pride in curating the latest and greatest creative technology products around the globe. We personally research and hand-pick each product to ensure it meets our standards.

I see. Who do you suppose curated them?

On the Casper website, a Cal-king mattress is $950. Parachute’s site has linen Cal-king sheets for $189. Factor in some sales tax, and there’s the $1249 retail they list on the contest page.

We probably spent that much when we bought a queen mattress, box spring, nice wood bed frame and cotton sheets (a couple of full sets).

3 Likes

do the sheets come in:

5 Likes

Why, for that kind of money, I could get Agile & Scrum Project Management Certification Training and probably sleep much better at night!

3 Likes

I’ll admit it, I saw the headline and figured it was Casper The Friendly Ghost and parachute pants.

4 Likes

Curated? You askin’ 'bout curated? Oh ho, it’s your lucky day… gotcha curated mattresses right here:

Horsehair?
Talalay latex?
PrimaCool gel?
Viscoelastic memory foam?

Fear not, Casper gets a mention. I wonder if they still have that generous return policy as mentioned in the article.

And also from the article… this!:

“Hästens, another high-end Swedish bed maker that offers a curtained-off “sleep spa” for its collection of 10 beds, where shoppers can do that awkward lie-on-the-bed-for-10-seconds-with-your-shoes-on thing in peaceful surroundings. Such treatment comes at a premium: Hästens’s entry-level Marquis mattress starts at $5,400 for a queen, while the Dux 101, Duxiana’s entry model, starts at $5,185 for a queen.”

Pff. We sleep on futons. They roll up and store well. They are uncomplicated. They get donated to [Casa Marianella] (http://www.casamarianella.org/adult-house-wish-list/) sometimes, because most charities won’t take them any more, and we dislike putting stuff in landfills if there’s any way to avoid it.

from the nytimes article you linked:
“use horsehair that is sterilized for up to a year before going into the mattress”

… So what are we now getting artisanal sterilization?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.