Equifax CEO Richard Smith is finally resigning

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/26/dox-americana.html

2 Likes

Just once I’d like the head of a company that royally effs up to take personal responsibility and donate his or her salary and a hefty chunk of their bank account to the people who took the hit.

And I’m not even smoking anything.

12 Likes

golden parachute

8 Likes

Yup, he’s got $18 Million USD in pension to claim.

Also, as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at EQUIFAX INC, Richard F. Smith made $11,937,463 USD in total compensation last year. Of this total $1,450,000 USD was received as a salary, $3,045,000 USD was received as a bonus, $0 USD was received in stock options, $7,323,095 USD was awarded as stock (which I’ll assume he sold a fair amount of before it tanked) and $119,368 USD came from other types of compensation. [sauce]

So he just bails with his money before everything hits the fan?

Christ, what a Dick.

6 Likes

Always resigned; never convicted.

5 Likes

It’s OK. He earned it.

1 Like

That’s pretty good pay. I wonder what sort of education or experience you’d have to have to systematically destroy consumer confidence in America’s financial institutions like that.

3 Likes

And his parachute will carry him beyond the scorched earth he helped create and beyond the crashing aircraft.

2 Likes

The real dicks are the elected representatives who knowingly crafted a system of laws and regulations that allows such creatures to flourish without being held even the tiniest bit accountable for their egregious actions. Anybody remember the LIBOR scandal?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.