Errol Morris and Bob Odenkirk team up to "capture the absurdity and the desperation" of climate change

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/02/errol-morris-and-bob-odenkirk.html

5 Likes

tumblr_d2d3d740b786eb56d59d5d389894ff7b_ba075503_640

10 Likes
8 Likes

Consider the source; demons tend to have an extremely different definition of what “that bad” means…

11 Likes

The Deep Blue Line.

5 Likes

I haven’t seen the TV adaptation but I remember that in the book the demon Crawley was periodically shocked by some of the depraved and horrifying things humanity thought up all on its own (such as the Spanish Inquisition).

The secret he dared not tell his superiors was that humanity didn’t need any help from down below.

9 Likes

I’m glad Errol Morris never doubted climate change. I wish he had doubted Elizabeth Holmes, though.

1 Like

Why is it so hard to believe that it’s no coincidence the Earth’s temperature began to rise slowly right after the start of the industrial revolution, with the increase speeding up as we burned more fuel and forest?

If you think that humans burning stuff on a massive scale couldn’t account for it then explain how a single volcano (what would be just a speck smaller than the head of a pin on a large globe) can account for a massive temperature drop after only one eruption.

1 Like

That made it into the tv series.

3 Likes

This is good for people who need it illustrated:

2 Likes

So, Errol Morris doesn’t hang out on the internet much, huh?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.