Earth just got hotter

[Read the post]

1 Like

The earth was once a molten ball of lava, and not it is cool enough for Senator Inhofe to hold snowballs in his hand, so really we’re in a long-term cooling trend.

{Waits patiently for fat envelope of bills from Americans for Freedom and Truth and Prosperity to show up.}

15 Likes

I thought this was an article about my new Spring wardrobe.

7 Likes
1 Like

Shouldn’t that be

July’s average temperature was 61° 51’ 36" F, beating the previous global mark set in 1998 and 2010, by about 1 seventh of a degree

so as to more decisively repudiate the tyranny of the metric system and decimalization?

5 Likes

The Earth just got sexier.

1 Like

Are we measuring Earth temperatures in our years or Earth years?

1 Like

My favorite theory is that Gaia is just trying to undo the Azolla damage. Before the Azolla Event, there was life everywhere on Earth - heck, there were even palm trees at the poles.

The Azolla overgrowth was just about the most amazing bit of carbon sequestration ever.

Tipped the planet from “greenhouse Earth” to “iceball Earth”, where we’ve been stuck ever since.

It’s helpful to remember that humans are part of nature, too. We might be Gaia’s chosen agents in the Quest To Unfreeze The Poles and Restore Balance and Warmth.

Gotta consider the bigger picture. (-:

6 Likes

Helpful to . . . the Koch brothers? Exxon stockholders?

5 Likes

I probably need a better profile photo to illustrate the depth of the irony here…

Said the person not from Bangladesh…

1 Like

[quote=“stefanjones, post:2, topic:64210”]
and not it is cool enough for Senator Inhofe to hold snowballs in his hand, so really we’re in a long-term cooling trend.
[/quote]Obligatory…

Meanwhile, there is an alternative…

8 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

Will somebody please tell England. We’ve had one of the most pathetic summers ever…

1 Like

Just a minute buster.

And the sixth great extinction? All part of Gaia’s plan…

1 Like

FTA

“The records are getting attention but I worry the public will grow weary of reports of new records each month,” Shepherd said in an email. “I am more concerned about how the Earth is starting to respond to the changes and the implications for my children.”

This is going to be interesting, going from denier to jaded without passing through believer. The sublimation of climate change.

3 Likes

Climate Change Deniers Present Graphic Description Of What Earth Must Look Like For Them To Believe.

Or maybe not. http://realclimatescience.com/2015/08/one-climate-prediction-that-came-true/