The latest right-wing conspiracy theory is that the heatwave isn't real

Originally published at: The latest right-wing conspiracy theory is that the heatwave isn't real | Boing Boing

9 Likes

“Second verse same as the first” going on when compared to what happened to the know-nothings who croaked in red states from covid in 2020 & 2021

39 Likes

I live 4.5 km from Lake Michigan in a single family residential area of Kenosha. The temperature between my house and the lake shore can often vary by 5°C even over that short of distance. Have these people never left their houses and realized local temperatures vary?

43 Likes

Lies, damned lies, and statistics… People can’t read statistics right and try to challenge people whose lives are about this!

But hey, Christ is for Right-Wing! #irony

7 Likes

37 Likes

Like birds right? Birds don’t exist either? Or reality.

28 Likes

Can they be convinced that they don’t exist?

16 Likes

Looking forward to the million-MAGA heat conspiracy protest marches planned for major cities across the US.

23 Likes

Go heatstroke!

18 Likes

Now that’s a movement I can get behind! I think they should start in Yuma.

26 Likes

With plenty of free beer to go around instead of water for the marchers :no_mouth:

20 Likes

It has become so depressingly easy to predict the next right wing talking point that I might as well start a “news” site and make some ad money being the first to say it.

16 Likes

I just moved to a peninsula jutting out into the Gulf of Maine. We’ve yet to hit 80 in the month we’ve lived here, and many days are cloudy, foggy, rainy, or all of the above. For me to suggest my local micro-climate is somehow indicative of how things are twenty miles inland where they are baking in the upper 80’s in a state where few have air conditioning is the kind of absolute dumbassery that makes me sick at heart. The world is burning, and these utter wandoughts should be force marched through the heat they deny until they admit they lied.

34 Likes

Of course they have. They understand all this. Nonetheless, they are working to sow the seeds of doubt. They know they are lying.

27 Likes

“It’s all fake. The air just feels hotter, but it really isn’t hotter! It’s cooler! Put on a coat!”

14 Likes

“Who are you gonna believe, me or your burning, sweating skin?”

27 Likes

this_is_fine

31 Likes

Or Death Valley.

18 Likes

MTG: That wasn’t heatstroke that killed our marchers. It was clearly the Jewish Lasers!

20 Likes

Fuck around and go find out, muthafuckas.

23 Likes