The latest right-wing conspiracy theory is that the heatwave isn't real

They told them not to believe their lying eyes and ears, and they did.

Might as well tell them to ignore their own bodies telling them “HOT”.

Not sure where this goes to? No, this poison tastes like chocolate?

9 Likes

They’re not interested in the truth. While I’m intellectually interested in how much of it they actually believe versus how much is performative bullshit, it doesn’t matter and they want us to get bogged down in the bullshit.

Anyhoo, I can typically find examples of what you’re talking about on wunderground.com. Right now for Toronto, I’m seeing weather stations with temperatures ranging from 72F to 81.5F* This is not at all uncommon.

*Yes, I use Fahrenheit. I’m less used to Celsius, and (unlike the rest of the metric system) the benefits of using it are limited–unless you’re converting to Kelvin, in which case it’s one less step.

11 Likes

I remember Inhofe, of “snowballs exist, so the world can’t be warm” fame, dove into a pond scum lake his grandchildren had the sense to stay out of.

His swimming in pond scum will be the opening scene in the next species documentary about what happened to the humans.

20 Likes

from that article’s headline:

This month is the planet’s hottest on record by far – and hottest in around 120,000 years, scientists say

yikes :cry:

20 Likes

So Good Laughing GIF by ABC Network

17 Likes

that’s exactly what they’re doing, and it’s made the world significantly worse. please don’t

18 Likes

One of the smartest flat-earthers is a guy who genuinely doesn’t understand the difference between 9.8 m/s and 9.8 m/s².

It would be hilarious to watch these Dunning-Kruger know-nothing MFs spout their inane BS, except for the fact that they vote and thus influence real-world political policies.

23 Likes

Yay!
Bud light for everybody!

7 Likes

Episode 7 Agree GIF by Law & Order

A bar so low les flicailles would trip over it.

18 Likes

Go Jewish Space Lasers!

16 Likes

I’ve never had two sources of weather reporting agree on temperatures exactly. I always put it down to a combination of “they use slightly different sources for their data” and “predicting the weather is hard”.

What was that quote somebody posted a while ago? “90% of conservative outrage is them just figuring out how the world works for the first time” or something?

25 Likes

I mean, I’m old, but I’m not THAT old.

10 Likes

Neither am I, but then I can’t always remember even what I had for breakfast…

9 Likes

Rod Serling couldn’t have come up with right-wing nuttiness in a million

7 Likes

The heatwave is clearly not real /s, at least here in the UK.
All we have had for July is overcast and rainy days, a bit humid maybe, but at least the allotment is
self-watering.

Unlike our cousins in the south of Europa-Ville, we are not boiling and burning to death, mainly thanks to the Gulf-Stream, which allows us to be more the smoke over the barbecue, rather than the barbecue itself.

So, nothing to worry about here…

14 Likes

If only we had more acid rain - it would remove the excess CO2!

11 Likes

In particular, CO2 prevents radiation from carrying energy out into space, increasing over-all thermal energy here on earth. Which is where things like convection come from. In other words you haven’t the foggiest idea what you’re talking about. Like, if the driver of El Niño is “maybe not solar energy at all”, where do you think it actually comes from? Sheesh.

30 Likes

And if the Dust Bowl was slightly hotter in the 1930s, then why worry if whole US becomes a dust bowl? (The rest of the world isn’t worth mentioning, of course.)

17 Likes

And we’ll adapt by evolving anyway. Probably some cooling fins along the spine and head.

11 Likes

It might surprise our innocent American friends, but Oliver has also been using his broadcast slot to shout that vaccines are harmful and share his thinking by promoting the antisemitic trope of one world government.

Hilariously, GB News claims it doesn’t want to be seen as the conspiracy channel.

12 Likes