Espresso cups that spark joy

[Permalink]

Gah, I’m so angry at my stupid, plain bialetti right now. stupid

2 Likes

I did look at those, to go with my Bialetti; but opted for these instead. Cute, huh?

I like that the steel handles pop off for easy cleaning; glass in the dishwasher and handles rinsed in the sink.

Nice colors! Reminded me of those, which are nice too.*

Disclaimer: I was the product photographer for the nice people who make those cups, who happen to be good friends. And made the teaser film for that product line. And a pretty slick, if I might say so, “how it’s made” film for the design nerds out there. So yeah, not impartial. And possibly just showing off at this point. Keep that in mind.

2 Likes

That joy may turn to bitterness if you don’t choose wisely…The colour of your coffee mug can change how you perceive its taste

1 Like

Cute espresso cups. Not sure i would enjoy them beyond just looking at them as i tend to enjoy a nice large mug full coffee. If i’m going for fancy coffee i get a lot of enjoyment drinking from fancy coffee cups. My favorite is a good traditional cappuchino, or a nice breve with a small bit of caramel on top. Mmmm.

1 Like

My current stove is one of those glass-top things; it’s easy to keep clean, and junk doesn’t fall into it, but two things it doesn’t work well for are Bialetti-style exploding moka pots and the small pots for making Greek/Turkish coffee. Grumble. (But hey, there’s still Aeropress, though it needs a bigger cup than those little ones pictured here.)

I have those, too! Love them - makes me think of Italy every time I spark up the machine to brew a shot.

I’ve always been partial to these ceramic espresso cups made to look like old enameled tin cups.

1 Like

Those are pretty nifty

Cute, they’re cute, but they’re very brittle. I own a set and 4 out of 6 are chipped.
And just the colorful ones, another set (in gold, not as joyous) is perfect

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.