Evermore: a LARP themepark, elaborately themed and filled with costumed actors

That’s “The Void” it’s based in Utah but the actual experiences are all over the place there’s a Star Wars themed one in Disney Springs.
https://www.thevoid.com/dimensions/starwars/secretsoftheempire/

3 Likes
5 Likes

The VOID folks and the Evermore folks are the exact same people. When I visited the VOID R&D facility south of Salt Lake, I was literally walking between Evermore props and miniature layouts to get to the VR testing areas. The gentleman who ran me through a pre-production VOID experience was in the linked Evermore video.

EXTREMELY nice folks.

4 Likes

For a cool art / fun house experience, I would recommend…

3 Likes

Are you likely to be in the area?

But will you? It seems like their market is going to primarily be people who “would go there,” but mostly won’t. The “2 hour flight” ends up being more of a 6+ hour trip (getting to the airport, going through security, getting from the airport to this place), and how many people are really going to do it just for this? Maybe they can find enough of an audience anyways.

Ah, ok - that makes a lot more sense. When I read about it, it was just in Utah. I just couldn’t imagine how they could possibly begin to recover their development costs with just that one location. But as a chain, with places all around the country, it could work.

Yeah. I sometimes ski in Utah.

1 Like

It’s very likely. We almost did a summer trip to SLC this summer to go to the big 4 Utah national parks, and taking an extra day on arrival or departure to go to Evermore would be a no-brainer.

2 Likes

Thanks for the timely reminder of one of my favourite videos. “It was the freshest move I’ve ever seen; like he was floatin’ on air.”

I am guessing that Utah fits as it is mildly centrally located with very little competition perhaps?

You wouldn’t want to put this in Orlando. NYC, or Los Angeles.

1 Like

We’re all sure that the “dedicated actors” aren’t robots, right?

2 Likes

Pretty sure both are what define Utah…

1 Like

This seems very bait and switch-y. Half of this is concept art, the other half is in-progress effects warehouse, which, while cool looking, isn’t worth the ticket cost + trip to SLC. They opened almost a month ago and yet there’s no actual footage of the park? Sketchy.

2 Likes

And this video is almost 2 months old. Many of the areas fenced off have been opened. You can wander roughly 2/3rds of the park now and the areas that are dirt in the video are fully landscaped now.

2 Likes

My wife and I were trying to think of something somewhat nearby to do during our time off in mid-November. SLC isn’t too far away. I’ll have to let her know about this.

1 Like

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

When I saw their video I felt the same. I figured someone in the EnterTubes must have documented something.

1 Like

The whole “this is in Utah, so it can’t be that good” idea is a bit silly. Salt Lake is home to the third-largest “comic con” event in the US, Salt Lake FanX. (They can’t say “Comic Con” anymore.) And they hold it TWICE a year, and it always sells out. Multiple polls have pegged Utah as having the most “nerds per capita” of any state in the Union, and that extends to those who participate in RPGs and LARPers. The area between Salt Lake and Provo has been dubbed “Silicon Slopes” for the preponderance of software development companies in the area.

It’s essentially Nerd Paradise.

1 Like

I was last there in '76, during the time the Viking I landed on Mars (maybe it was II?). It was a pretty and well-manicured city, from what I remember.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.