Every COVID-19 commercial is exactly the same

Oh God! Is that why… Is that why we have tRump?

I’m so sorry everyone. I didn’t buy a fridge back then. I didn’t know. I didn’t believe them.
I know better now. I’ll buy any consumer appliance, only just please deliver us from the grand orange shitshow!

7 Likes

I left the agency side of advertising over a decade ago because the creativity was smothering me.

I hear you. I left TV news years ago for the same reason.

1 Like

Compare and contrast with the A & W Covid19 advert we have running in Canada:

Let’s just say it’s really weird to see vertical video on TV outside of the local news viewer submitted segments.

2 Likes

Ad firms understand our brain’s behavioral responce metrics better than the neurobiologists and have mapped out sensory formulas to elicit any desired responce to a high level of sophistication. Because of this, all commercial TV has been banned in my home for decades and my daughter has never seen a commercial. I dabbled in advertising and had been aware and disgusted by subliminal advertising since I was a kid. We even studied older subliminal ads from before the most blatant ones were banned back in a class in elementary school. I was a huge detractor of advertising but did not realize just how incidious and unavoidable the neuro respoces are, even for someone as informed and negatively inclined such as myself until an event 12 years ago. I am a MotoGP fan and my favorite racer rides for the Yamaha factory squad. The title sponsor for many years was Fiat. I found myself one day in late 08 watching a fiat 500 ad at a restaurant because they were bringing that minature car to the US market. I casually thought to myself “what a cool car, I should check the price”. I immediately realized what an insaine thought this was as there could not be a worse car for my lifestyle. After some thought I remembered that at the Indianapolis MotoGP they had parked a Fiat 500 with two factory racing yamahas in the lobby of the hote the racers and I were staying at and that, along with their sponsorship of the team had crashed through all my ad skepticism and endeared that POS car in my psych.

2 Likes

sooo… I should buy a FIAT?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.