YouTube bans Covid quackery

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/23/youtube-bans-covid-quackery.html

2 Likes

Too little, too late, as always.

6 Likes

And legitimate videos will not be targeted with report bombs, downvoting, and negative comments.

4 Likes

I’m surprised you haven’t whipped up some self-referential coronavirus stock art.

1 Like

Twitter decided to do the same but realized a thorough review of each item would take a lot of effort.

So instead they’re just going to suspend Trump.

Please…?

3 Likes

There’s no cure for the common cold, there’s no cure for the flu, there’s no cure for COVID-19-- it’s a virus, you get sick and hopefully your immune system fights it off.

That’s it, that’s how it works. All modern medical science can do is alleviate some symptoms and try to keep bodily functions from failing while your body does the real work.

7 Likes

I thought this was in place… it’s to the point where legitimate people are referring to Covid as “our troubles”, “the situation”, etc because if the bots detect the words “Covid” or “pandemic” in the audio (along with god know what else), boom, instant demonitization.

4 Likes

Oh great now I’m going to have to go to what, Vimeo for all my 5G causes covid 19 conspiracy videos…

For about two months now, even saying the name of the virus would demonetize your video. Even if it was not quakery.

“The current unpleasantness”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.