Every TED talk

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/28/every-ted-talk.html

1 Like

This is like the third or fourth one of these type talks I’ve seen… pretty soon every TED talk will just be a parody of a TED talk…

14 Likes

They forgot the “subtle plug for company / product / charity.”

4 Likes

4 minutes 16 seconds i will never get back

1 Like

At 7:40 in this podcast, This Is That talks about the latest concept in microlectures, the 9-second Tick Talks.

2 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes

I quit with the TED talks when they started giving the stage to Psuedoscience.

7 Likes

On an a tenuously-related note, every sports channel can be distilled down to this …

9 Likes

it is all too upbeat, positive …like the Moth, etc…never mind your legs fell off, you learned something !! like that is the american balancing of hope and insanity ?

2 Likes

pretty soon every TED talk will just be a parody of a TED talk…

I think we’ve been there for quite a while now

8 Likes

Thank you for saying that - I was excited when I heard about The Moth. It sounded like a wonderful idea and I’d had good experiences with public storytelling before. Then I had a read of the Moth book and it was the same kind of slick motivating product as TED. Big dissapiontment.

I feel bad for the person who went immediately after him.

3 Likes

radiolab…ditto
snap judgement…ditto

i am a podcast junkie…i’ve collected about 20.000 files, and listen to them rather than radio/TV…about 2 years ago i picked up on this…there are others

Ignore the book. Set up a podcast downloader and stick to the individual stories.

1 Like

Comment to assert my position as a comment leader

6 Likes

Aren’t they already?

1 Like

Watching this always ruins the next TED talk I watch.

i may have posted this here already but it’s funny stuff. It’s a prank.

I thought we hit that point at least a decade ago.

1 Like