Every word Ajit Pai says about Net Neutrality is a lie, including "and" and "the"

The data shows otherwise. The US - under Trump - has much faster speeds. We’re now #7 in the world.

He’s very loyal though. Shitty shill but loyal to a fault. Just ask the guy that appointed him.

I don’t see why. I have particle board furniture that’s been in constant use for well over 40 years. The worst I have to do is flip over the shelves every couple of years because they are filled to the brim with rather heavy large format comic albums.

Same with my office desk and cabinet, which also have at least a quarter century on them. Yes, the edges have clear wear and tear, but do do the solid wood shelves and table in the living room.

2 Likes

I wonder how this is distributed across the nation, though. I’d imagine that the NYSE would push the mean up a fair bit, for one thing.

Not at all surprised to see the UK down at like #40 in the list.

That seems to be data only from users that choose to use that website for their speed test, there may be some self selection going on. And it conveniently doesn’t mention the cost, or things like data caps. So I’m not convinced by your argument.

Especially when you claim “under Trump” I would at least need to see a graph with the history for the past few years. Preferably including the price and/or price per Mb.

Edit to add:
Something like this, but then with some historical data included:

4 Likes

my comment was intended to imply that by comparison to chicken nuggets particle board furniture can be a metaphor for cheapness, in the context as being a reply to a previous comment, i wasn’t saying all particle board furniture is necessarily cheap or cheaply made but there are numerous examples of problematic particle board furniture to every one example such as yours.

1 Like

But the same would be true for any type of chicken nuggets (which I don’t fret about, as they are, conceptually, the same as sausages)
and solid wood furniture.

in my reply to the earlier comment i was quibbling about the user’s choice of examples and i raised the point that chicken nuggets, like cheetohs, were examples of the cognitive style of molecular gastronomy while giving them credit for their other comparison which was, in my opinion, more effective. you quibbled about my reply in giving the other user credit for one metaphor to which i replied in an attempt to explain the context of my quibbling. now you’re quibbling about the quibbling about the quibbling.

when will it ever end?

2 Likes

If I don’t care about speed, I pick slow. If I do, I pick expensive.

2 Likes

There’s a difference?

3 Likes

I love the relationship one:

“Hot, intelligent, or sane, pick two”. I friggin’ nailed it when I found a spouse that has all three :slight_smile:

Especially since I probably only have 1/2 of each.

1 Like

Plus, ‘seventh in the world’, and ‘one of the first countries to have serious internet’ seem to be embarrassing things to be both of…

1 Like

It’s a hellish consortium of Verizon, ATT, and the also-ran providers. Since Mr. Pie used to be a Verizon lawyer, he has special talents in the regard.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.