Everyone (No One?) should read this New York Times Magazine article about the commodification of nothingness

Originally published at: Everyone (No One?) should read this New York Times Magazine article about the commodification of nothingness | Boing Boing

3 Likes

No.

Or if you prefer: 無.

Either way, I’m not reading it and if that makes me no longer part of everybody, well, that’s beautiful, isn’t it.

3 Likes

In another thousand years, maybe Western culture will figure out what they grokked in ancient India thousands of years ago. haha :om: It’s a start I guess!

Eh, it’s all perspective. I am 40 and I have seen the Bodhisattva-ism (enlightenment) industry thriving since the 90’s. I do believe what the author is saying, but on the flip side their are plenty who still chase processions.

5 Likes

processions? or possessions

2 Likes

“TO MORE GENERAL HUMAN CIRCUMSTANCES. THE COMMON OBJECT IS UNDERSTOOD BY ITS SCULPTURAL AND SYMBOLIC QUALITIES. TRADITIONAL MATERIALS USED FOR SCULPTURE AND THE SIMPLE SHAPES FOUND IN MINIMAL ART ARE A”

might want to lay off the caffeine Thom :grin: longest tag ever…

1 Like

LOL, possessions. Stupid auto spell

1 Like

Great, now I need 7-30 pairs of cashmere pants and at least 2 ‘incisively sensual’ novels. Or similar; “novelists like Garth Greenwell and Bryan Washington.” I’ll be reading in my virtual Himalayan Salt Lair which is just watching text in videos of pink salt shot in stereo on Google Cardboard. Maybe I’ll have ‘Seinfeld’ rendered at 6x speed as a break.

3 Likes

Since RandomDude didn’t do it, obligatory:

4 Likes

Millennials: Tiny apartments, tiny paychecks. Can’t buy stuff.

NYT: Millennials embracing minimalist “nothingness!”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.