Everyone's favorite stoned dad skateboarding to Fleetwood Mac

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/28/everyones-favorite-stoned-dad-skateboarding-to-fleetwood-mac.html

3 Likes

pretty sure he’s riding a Onewheel, not skateboarding, but he’s definitely a lifestyle guru.

2 Likes

TIL that TikTok used to be called “Music.ly” So glad we are no longer abusing the adbverb construction for app naming.

2 Likes

Why? He skateboards in prior videos. Haven’t seen him on a Onewheel.

1 Like

It’s hard to explain, but i ride a Onewheel, and it just looks familiar. i certainly could be wrong, but because of how he’s riding, facing more sideways, not forward, and where he’s riding. he’s not bothering to need to push, facing forward, and it looks like he’s taking an off-ramp, which seems a lot harder and dangerous on a skateboard.

2 Likes

I think he’s on a longboard, which would be fine on an off-ramp.

2 Likes

hmm, could be. that seems even MORE dangerous, lol

1 Like

I can’t listen to that song.
What could you be thinking?

1 Like

I’m more impressed that he knows what she is singing at that point in the song.

1 Like

hey, @Pesco, you were right – it was a longboard! but he wasn’t being towed. sounds like he’s already received $10k in donations from people, and he’s going to fix up his RV so he has electricity and basic amenities, and he’s going to give $5k to his mom. he sounds like a cool guy and this is a huge windfall for him.

The bottle of juice makes this video. Even more than the lip syncing.

3 Likes

OT, but tell us about the Onewheel!!

I am probably way too nervous to get on one of them, but they look suuuuper fun.

if i tell you that it’s my favorite possession in the world right now, that might give you an indication of how much fun it is, haha. as for being nervous, really, you’d be surprised. i spent my first week, maybe 30-60 mins at a time, practicing on grass in a local park, and by the end of the 2nd day i was comfortable enough to ride in straight lines and big curves, and by the end of the week i was on the street. falling on grass is a really great way to learn. it’s super intuitive. also, it helps you balance, so once you get your own muscles used to it, bam, you’re golden. there are places that rent them – i highly recommend trying one. i ride it every chance i can get.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.