Excellent 1990s camcorder footage of young man dancing alone in his room to The Prodigy

Originally published at: Excellent 1990s camcorder footage of young man dancing alone in his room to The Prodigy - Boing Boing

3 Likes

Nice moves!

Takes me back. There was a time when almost everyone’s animation reel shown at SIGGRAPH had a The Prodigy track somewhere on it.

7 Likes

I was never a fan of The Prodigy. Not my style of music. That was delightful, though. I would have been about the same age in '95, and I can see myself doing the same thing (to a different band).

3 Likes

Ecstatic :star_struck: :melting_face:

5 Likes

That was fun! He probably needed to throw away the socks after all that shuffling.

4 Likes

Sweet. That’s from The Prodigy Experience album which is their most Old School Rave album before they continued to progress into the genre smashing/formulating electronica group they are. RIP Kieth Flint. :frowning:

Charlie is probably the most well known song on there, but I really like Fire.

Also, I only fairly recently found out they had a 12" single from 1991 that sampled The Shadow radio drama! If it wasn’t on CD, I don’t own it, but I have found a digital copy of this song.

2 Likes

firestarter! all that shuffling and sliding, i bet his feet were hot!

4 Likes

Ah, memories.

2 Likes

I bet his feet match up with the pads on Dance Dance Revolution arcade game very well.

2 Likes

Excellent 1990s camcorder footage of young man dancing alone in his room to The Prodigy

Please dont be me please dont be me please dont be me

I Hope Please GIF

13 Likes

Not only does he win the Internet for today, he also wins the Charleston/Running Man endurance competition.

Reminds me of the video of Louis Theroux (the respected documentarian), Joe Cornish (the Hollywood director) and Adam Buxton (still a goofball) dancing as schoolboys in the early nineties.

(I’m being unfair to Dr. Buckles. He’s more than a goofball of course. Among other things a respected podcaster and interviewer, author, actor and live show producer)

3 Likes

Also:

Stephen?

1 Like

Styles, plural. They kept reinventing themselves. Experience was early 90s rave (before it split into various genres), Jilted Generation was mostly hard house with some hip hop and ambient techno, Fat of the Land was big beat.

They never went down the Technohead/Ruffneck/Scott Brown route of releasing different styles of music under different names though.

3 Likes

Daaaaamnnn, he is good at it!. I did the same, with my sister catching me fooling with Corona´s Rythm of the Night. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnT58cIJSpw). :slight_smile:

I will admit that I haven’t listened to very much of their music, given that I haven’t liked what I heard. I primarily based my initial opinion on Firestarter, which was played endlessly on the alt-rock radio stations I listened to in the mid-90’s, and which I can’t stand. I did have a college roommate who was a fan, though, so I have been at least exposed to more than just that.

None of those are styles I particularly enjoy, so I’m fairly comfortable in my assessment.

This vid got me raving! Love it!

Big up the 'ardcore massive!

Don’t forget Liam’s Dirtchamber Sessions Vol 1. A glorious mix album that is an ode to classic hip hop.

2 Likes

This may be more up your alley.

Closer to 30 year? Yep, the 90s are slipping further and further away.

1 Like