Prodigy vocalist Keith Flint dead at 49

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/04/prodigy-vocalist-keith-flint-d.html

1 Like

News reports are saying that it was a suicide and not an overdose.

7 Likes

The WHO recommends that media provide links to suicide support services if possible and appropriate. (Also acknowledges complexities in international reporting.)

The International Association for Suicide Prevention has a list of international crisis centres.

My heart goes out to Keith Flint’s loved ones.

34 Likes

@beschizza Please, please could you considering doing this on Boingboing when you have news of this nature? It may seem like a small gesture but it might make a tiny bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

26 Likes

What a shame. He brought a lot to the world.

8 Likes

Good idea.

Added this:

I’ll look into having it automatically appended to posts if we tag it suicide

59 Likes

Damn good singer, he’ll be missed. He’s smackin’ bitches up in heaven now. RIP.

4 Likes

Damn. My brother was a huge fan. He will be missed.

2 Likes

Sad to hear this. Be kind to one another. Every person on this planet is enduring some sort of struggle that may not be apparent; maybe a health problem, financial issue, family concern, etc. If anyone reading this is having a difficult day, please know that there is a guy in Kansas who is pulling for you.

15 Likes

Wow, he was a year older than me.

What an entertainer. Those Prodigy songs were just crazy. I feel for his loved ones.

2 Likes

Another fucking suicide. Fuck.

4 Likes

Reupping this:

13 Likes

I recognise that your audience is probably US centric, but it would be good if the contact details could be broader. For the UK, the best option would be the Samaritans (https://www.samaritans.org, UK/Ireland free phone 116 123)

Dave

17 Likes

The post just above you links to a thread with international suicide prevention services, including Samaritans… but thanks for reposting the direct link here as well.

9 Likes

Well, when Hendrix died Miles said “he’s jamming with 'Trane now”, so maybe Keith Flint is jamming with the *other * Prodigy now. That’s how I like to think of it anyhow.

Thanks. I did see that, but only after I’d posted.

I highlighted the UK specifically because Keith was British (as am I)

6 Likes

He was my favorite musician as a kid and young adult, and to this day I pop Diesel Power whenever I’m feeling down and need some grit in my veins.

I’ve been a Prodigy fan so long that I remember when Keith Flint was a dancer with long hair, not a vocalist.

Thanks for all the good memories, Keith.

11 Likes

Ah Jeez. I saw the news and assumed it was drugs/health issues related to his previous drug use. This is even worse.
He was a friend of a friend who had done work with the band, back in the '90s. My friend had a story about Keith visiting her when she lived in San Francisco. They saw Steve Jobs (or someone at least who looked like him) on the street and Keith, very excited, shouts an exuberant “Steve!” at him. Keith looked, with his hair and piercings, somewhat intimidating, shall we say, and Steve Jobs (or his doppleganger) reportedly looked like he was going to wet himself. Whenever the Prodigy get mentioned, I always think of Keith Flint accidentally terrifying Steve Jobs.

13 Likes

Yep, even more reason to post it again and often.

4 Likes