Excuse me, might I trouble you to ask what you are listening to on your podcast machine?

I’ll have to listen to that in a bit… how often do they mention Foucault? :thinking:

focus GIF

2 Likes

The Dogg Zzone 9000

Comedians and Garbage Archaeologists Seanbaby and Robert Brockway unearth and discuss pop culture artifacts that should never have been.

1 Like

Thank you for reminding me that Seanbaby exists! I’ll have to check that one out!

1 Like
1 Like

Sad Oligarch is a modern true crime style investigative podcast series that looks into the many Russian oligarch deaths of 2022, unravelling a dark tale of Kremlin corruption and Russian political influence across the world.

Two post limit sucks.

1 Like

… narrated by Martha Wash herself

2 Likes

It’s fine if you want to edit your post to add more later when you hit the limit

1 Like

True but that’s only limited time.

Where There’s Woke

Every single time the right, or even center-left, goes ballistic over a “woke” controversy, the slightest bit of investigation shows the scandal is almost entirely bogus. This is not a new phenomenon; it dates back decades. It’s an intentional tool used to protect the powerful and preserve the status quo, while further scapegoating and otherizing those who push for political progress. This podcast digs into not just today’s fake scandals, but those of yesterday and yesteryear. The terminology has changed some, but the pattern has not. Listen in as host Thomas Smith shines a light on the panic, the fragility, the overreaction, and the lying that ignites ‘Where There’s Woke.’

Can’t find a website for this show.

1 Like

You should be able to edit anytime, though you will get an “edited icon” on the article after 10 minutes, but that’s fine.

Irritating that patreon is not one-boxing usefully. @codinghorror?

2 Likes

As far as I can tell edit goes away 5 days after posting.

2 Likes

Blah, blah… making room for @vermes82 to post a linkage… blah blah…

There ya go! Post that podcast link, please!

2 Likes

Thanks.

Bigfeets

Comedians Brockway and Seanbaby are joined by author Jason Pargin [David Wong] for the only Mountain Monsters podcast officially endorsed by bigfeet.

https://1900hotdog.com/2023/08/podcasting-day-bigfeets-a-new-hot-dog-podcasting-experience-🌭/

Theme by Auralnauts.

I’m down with a cold and found some time to listen to podcasts. The Economist has some interesting recent episodes of Babbage on AI out there. I would rate them 6 out of 10, but can recommend them for a commute or housework chores.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

BBC Sounds reminded me I need to check if there’s a new series of Mark Steel’s in Town. He picks a town, interviews locals and historians and then does a stand-up set to locals.

1 Like

Looks like the perfect companion to Weird House Cinema. I’m in.

Oh, neat! Thanks!

A friend of mine wrote this week’s episode of the one I linked to! And did the music!

I used to listen this guys podcast in 00’s. AFAIK this one is popular. It has over 300 episodes…

New True Crime Podcast, “Peter and the Acid King” – the True Story of the Unsolved Death of Punk Icon Peter Ivers

iHeartPodcasts and Imagine Audio today debuted “Peter and the Acid King,” a punk true-crime podcast that takes listeners on a deep dive through the grimy, chaotic world of the Los Angeles punk scene in the early ’80s and the brutal murder of New Wave Theater TV host Peter Ivers, the dynamic performer and artist known for bringing punk rock to TV. Created by Alan Sacks (Du-Beat-E-O, Thrashin, Welcome Back Kotter) and narrated by punk historian and esteemed director Penelope Spheeris (The Decline of Western Civilization, Wayne’s World). Featured guests include Jello Biafra, Mark Mothersbaugh, Tequila Mockingbird, and Ron Howard. In episode one, now live, listeners will get to know Peter and his rise through LA’s punk and new wave scenes, and learn about Spheeris and Sacks’ personal connections to his story. Produced by Imagine Audio with producers from Awfully Nice, Shout! Studios and Alan Sacks Productions.