Excuse me, might I trouble you to ask what you are listening to on your podcast machine?

I just found out about this, so will probably start listening to it soon.

2 Likes

Cory is on Adam Conover’s (of Adam Ruins Everything fame) always excellent Factually podcast this week. Have not listened to it yet, but I assume it’s great

ETA:

NARRATOR: It was

3 Likes

Anyone listening to this one? Any good?

The creators have a kickstarter for a game, too…

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/old-gods-of-appalachia-roleplaying-game?ref=4sn0kn

1 Like

I have mentioned The Content Mines podcast in threads before. For my money it is the best source to understand wtf is wrong with the internet and the people making it bad. In this week’s episode Ryan and Luke unpack Ryan’s terrifying visit to the Bitcoin 2022 convention.

https://api.substack.com/feed/podcast/765970/private/c12b86d6-354a-40c9-a58f-3c6b615bc7ca.rss

Bad news @Mindysan33 - apparently Killer Mike is a Bitcoin guy :pensive:

In the networks flagship show Searching for the Trans Canon, hosts Katie Coleman (playwright, composer, queer trans woman she/her @katieoflake), Ada-Rhodes Short (activist, engineering academic, and queer trans woman She/her @the_ada_rhodes) and Henry Giardina (writer, critic, trans guy. He/they @punkgroucho) discuss finding trans representation in film, tv, and literature. Twitter & Instagram: @totallytranspod

2 Likes

Big Boi, too. I forgive them.

2 Likes

Aw man. Never meet your heroes

I still forgive them. The good outweighs the bad, IMO.

2 Likes

I finally got around to listening and now, fully up to date, can agree that it is great and the amount of discussion of the episode being discussed hovers at around 7.4% of the podcast. A+++, would pod again

1 Like

I have had it on my “get to” list for a while, and finally have had a chance to try it. So far (about a dozen episodes in), it’s great. I was worried that it was going to lean Lovecraftian, but it is much more aligned with what I wanted from it - Manly Wade Wellman’s “Silver John” stories. It’s great storytelling and very Appalachian. It’s not scary, but it is very spooky and creepy, as it should be.
The only complaint I could register is that occasionally the sound design employs a low bass rumble under whole the story . I am sure it’s fine on speakers but it’s irritatingly constant on earbuds.

I would say that if backwoods folk horror (with a lot of it going back to coal) is something you are interested in definitely give it a try

1 Like

This sounds interesting!

https://www.heardwritepod.com/

1 Like

Squirrel Girl has a podcast! Which is a call-in radio show! First episode just dropped and it’s a good start!

https://marvels-squirrel-girl-the-unbeatable-radio-show.simplecast.com/

1 Like

Dammit. This podcast is my life now. I highly recommend doing the Patreon level that gets the extra episodes of you can - they are fantastic as well

I have been listening to Waypoint Radio (the gaming podcast from Vice) since it started. It provides an interesting Leftist view on games and gaming that you don’t really see anywhere else. It’s not as great as it was when Austin Walker was the EIC, but it is still great. How can you not like a podcast that ends every episode with “Fuck capitalism. Go home”?

It has not been what it used to be lately, but I will still miss listening to the still good, if incredibly irregularly published, episodes that have come out since the shakeup

The most Northwestern 52 minutes that you will ever hear in your life or could even possibly exist

3 Likes

I recently got hooked on Blank Check, having followed Roman Mars over there for his guest appearance. It’s finally a podcast about movies that I like!

These guys are insanely knowledgeable about the industry and the way they break down films and filmmaking is really informative and hilarious. The secret to listening to it is to only listen to the episodes that are about movies or directors that you know well. Otherwise the nuance of the discussion will be lost on you and you’ll lose interest. Dig through the back catalog for an episode about your favourite movie to start with and see if you like it. Then work your way through all other episodes that are about movies you know.

3 Likes

I listen to Blank Check occasionally but usually it’s too much for me, even broken up into several listening sessions with others in between. Yes, Griffin and David are great, their humour is amazing in its absurdity and dryness but it’s just too much for someone who doesn’t identify as a cinephile.

I’ll stick to the Flop House and With Gourley and Rust for my movie podcast needs unless Griffin and David have a guest I really love or are talking about a movie I really enjoy.

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes