Expensive underground "sleeping pods" proposed to house San Franciscans

"I hate Pod Six. I don’t even know why we have a Pod Six. Total suck Pod.
-Capt Murphy

6 Likes

Or they can feed upon surface dwellers and use their bodies as hosts for their young

7 Likes

I like how they gaslight by framing the city asking them to follow building codes as having a different “perception”

there’s this perception from the Planning Department that it’s not something any human being should be exposed to

And then there’s this gem:

With close living quarters, the underground spaces would likely have “house rules” that residents would need to obey. “Obviously people don’t like it when people come home drunk and belligerent,” he said. "And no pod sex. I think anyone who has been in college or a dormitory, you’ve had experiences where you prefer that people do those things in private… we want a diversity of housing stock. Not everyone can afford to pay for their own studio apartment in San Francisco that’s going to run you upward of $3,000.

So the rules about things like “quiet enjoyment” and “minimum square footage” are just perceptions, but no drunken pod sex? What incentive does one have to not just live in Dolores Park if you can’t even bust in your pod? Why pay for a pod when I can hang out at 24 hour fitness and libraries for less? This is a solution to no problem aside from “landlords want more $$$:”

8 Likes

I always assume that the phrase, “cheek by jowl” means squashed together, face to face; but, I guess there are other cheeks that can be pressed into jowls.

2 Likes

Is that Boris Johnson giving a back rub?

4 Likes

Not sure. I don’t see a knife in his hands.

3 Likes

#NotAllBorg

Actually, yes. ALL Borg.

2 Likes

An interesting observation.

Has the show ever addressed the Borg in the Spock’s Beard universe?

• On the one hand, the Borg might be identical: no morality, no opposite.
  • On the other hand, identical is boring. Do something else.

Final thoughts about Spock’s Beard universe: “our” Kirk made a big, big mistake persuading Beard Spock to initiate the Enlightenment and Humanism and all that – because the Humanizing of Beard Spock universe means the descent into savagery of “our” universe.

I suppose “our” Kirk meant well, but he never was one for logical thought (except that time when he tricked Nomad into blowing itself up; even Spock was impressed by that one: “Your logic was impeccable, Captain. We are in grave danger”).

Last last word: I call Bullshit on Kirk reprogramming the Kobayashi Maru. No way. Total absolute Bullshit.

Only Spock could reprogram the simulator. Only Spock.

Listen to your heart, we all know it’s true. Spock did it for his friend Kirk.

3 Likes

Holy crap, we’re a year away from Sealab 2021!!!

sealab-2021-bizarro-car

Now the theme song is stuck in my head…

7 Likes

Earworms. The gift that keeps on giving!

1 Like

It’s a fun little indie rock song, for sure!

2 Likes

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.