Experts think Equifax was hacked by Russia or China to recruit spies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/14/experts-think-equifax-was-hack.html

2 Likes

I can be compromised by bribes and high-paying jobs! Pick me!

2 Likes

That time I was shortlisted to become the chief webmaster of a particular branch of the U.S. military. But as part of getting my Top Secret clearance, they ran my credit and found an unpaid medical bill from 5 years prior amounting to something like $59. The civil servant I was liaising with called me up and said I was dis-qualified and hung up.

Many years later, a lying con-man with multiple million dollar bankruptcies on his record, and obvious ties to Russian leadership, was elected into a public office in which he has access to all kinds of top secret national data and nuclear launch codes.

There’s a loophole there somewhere.

(edit)

I can’t help but think I wouldn’t have done well with that job. I’m a smart ass with pacifist leanings (which might’ve come out in the security clearance process anyways), and the job would’ve involved my routine exposure to very serious military brass types.

8 Likes

But in your time there, you would have been a positive influence on the “let’s blow shit up” crowd!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.