Explorers find treasure trove of rare cars in an abandoned building

It’s not a house - dwellings are a very different thing.

@VeronicaConnor Trespass is not, per se, a crime (in the UK) - despite the preponderance of “Trespassers Will Be Prosecuted” signs.
If he “broke-in” then it could be.
If he entered without causing damage, has no intention to steal/damage/endanger buildings, goods and chattels and isn’t in breach of a court instruction not to be there it probably isn’t.

@jobo - BOC are a huge industrial gasses company - now part of the even huger Linde group. https://www.boconline.co.uk/shop/en/uk/home

1 Like

What crimes?
I didn’t see one.

Very clearly it’s not a dwelling.

My point is that it’s one thing to enter a public site, find a secret room, find that it’s filled with some treasure, and… a completely different thing to enter private property (regardless of whether there are no trespassing signs), and “find” items that the owner knows are being stored supposedly securely there. I’d argue that whether the facility is active or not, the owner (whether an individual or business) has a reasonable assumption that the private property is indeed private and relatively secure. Apparently secure enough to store many valuable cars there while their sale has been forestalled by the pandemic.

Perhaps a better comparison would be if I broke in to a local bank on Sunday, wandered around, and made a video of how many cool things I “found”… Yeah, arguably owned by a mega large (mega evil) megacorp, but clearly somewhere where I am not supposed to be, and where property that is not mine to mess with is being stored.

Yeah, the video films many minutes of them walking on a boring trail… but it conveniently cuts the “exciting” part of illegally gaining entrance. You’re telling me a property that has £30m of goods, actively administered and laid out by an auction firm, has no locks on its doors?

1 Like

Eh? I didn’t know Blue Oyster Cult had a headquarters building.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.