Gentleman buys a Lamborghini with Covid relief aid. Now he's going to prison

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/11/30/gentleman-buys-a-lamborghini-with-covid-relief-aid-now-hes-going-to-prison.html

7 Likes

a $14,000 Rolex and a $233,000 Lamborghini Urus, not to mention a $2,000 jaunt to a strip club.

With a shopping list like that he would have been an arsehole whether or not he stole Covid relief money to fund it.

22 Likes

Lamborghinis are cool cars; I wish they weren’t the car of first choice of every newly rich asshole.

8 Likes

gifhaus-funhaus

13 Likes

Shotgun!

5 Likes

I think the stock photo used for this should at least have a Lamborghini in it.

22 Likes

You ask too much of the BB OverLords.

6 Likes

^^^ fixed it!

8 Likes

The bummer of this is that it is ammunition against no-means-testing emergency funds in the future. This kind of loss is kind of by design, roll out the money fast when it’s needed and sort out the fraud later. Better sorry than safe when a cash infusion is needed in a managed market economy.

11 Likes

If you’ve seen an Urus, you’d be thankful you weren’t subject to the sight of it.

I hope they added 5 years because he picked the ugliest, stupidest Lamborghini in history.

10 Likes

Assault the capital, get 41 months. Misuse emergency funding intended to help weather a pandemic, get 9 years in jail.

Money is more important than Democracy. Yep, that tracks.

19 Likes

Wow, it’s like the Porsche Cayenne of the Lambo world! :nauseated_face:

11 Likes

I’m more angry at business owners that took PPP loans and used a loophole to keep the money - saying they would fill vacant spots. But then had un-winable jobs posted online. Doctorate and 59 years of python experience required at $3.75/hr. etc. Followed up by a rant “People are lazy and just don’t want to work”.

11 Likes

TANSTAAFL (and because the commenting is not allowing the acronym; There Ain’t No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

3 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

7 Likes

Seriously. You’re ripping off the Federal government, and buying a vehicle made by a legendary Italian sports car manufacturer. Why the $^#$ wouldn’t you go for a &#$^@ sports car!!!

SUV. Hmph. Stupid kids.

2 Likes

Worse than the Huracan? I think not!

No, they really are not. I don’t see how anything that turns middle aged men into assholes can be described as cool.

1 Like

Sometimes not so much.

3 Likes

Yikes I do not suggest googling that. Now where did I set my eye bleach…

1 Like