Lamborghini buyer sues dealer after white car turns yellow

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/02/lamborghini-buyer-sues-dealer.html

3 Likes

A rich fool and his money are parted. Well not so rich anymore fool.

32 Likes

Being rich isn’t something you just dabble in.

34 Likes

Are we sure anti-capitalists aren’t peeing on it when nobody’s looking?

32 Likes

If you have to take out a second mortgage on your home to buy a Lamborghini then you’re not rich enough to buy a Lamborghini.

105 Likes

Maybe he can just use some Retr0bright on it? It works great on a yellowing SNES.

In all seriousness I wonder if there’s some kind aftermarket plastic protective coating on the paint that’s yellowing.

12 Likes

He bought it on credit. He is just a fool.

Also…

Yeah. I am sure that was how he spun this to his spouse. “It is not for me it is for little Billy!”.

20 Likes

Dude should enroll in that Adulting college course!

29 Likes

Maybe it’s trying to tell him to slow down?

7 Likes

They took it into the shop and found out what the real cost is?

12 Likes

The good news, they can sell their house and live in the car.

12 Likes

Probably didn’t even consider the astronomical maintenance costs. Cars like these are not meant to be grocery getters and need frequent maintenance. Those costs can easily go into 5 figures. Replacement tires alone can run $4000 for a set after labor costs.

My dad used to say, “when you get a special car you need a special mechanic that charges special prices”.

18 Likes

Maybe it’s a mood Lamborghini, and he has justifiably gone from “bored” to “unsettled”?

25 Likes

Someone that is good at the economy please help me my family is dying meme.jpg

2 Likes

Even my “sort of special” mechanic for my “barely special” 1978 Porsche doesn’t get out of bed for less than a grand it seems. BTW it’s (grand prix) white and has never turned a bit of yellow over the 20 years I’ve owned it…

6 Likes

Why would anybody buy a white Lamborghini anyways?

6 Likes

Chinese buyers prefer white vehicles because the color symbolises brightness, purity, and fulfilment in their culture. There are lots of white luxury vehicles driving around Vancouver.

8 Likes

The car is probably made by communists

8 Likes

Wait… if the car in the picture is the same as the article… dude took out a second mortgage for a car who’s doors don’t even open upwards? This father and son could restore a DeLorean, learn a lot from the process, have gullwing doors, and do it all under 30k USD. Fail.

2 Likes

Repainting the car would decrease it’s value? Perhaps they weren’t trying hard enough.

16 Likes