Gentleman drives Lamborghini into a tree

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/26/jackass-drives-lamborghini-int.html

9 Likes

Obviously the wrong type of Lamborghini for forestry work.

36 Likes

Bought my first Jeep in 2000. New. 2 months later some other pickup scratched it and as I looked at the damage I thought “There, now I don’t have to worry about keeping it pristine”. God I miss that boxy Cherokee.

22 Likes

We don’t KNOW he was a jackass

7 Likes

There were people walking on that sidewalk. You can see someone running out of the way in terror just after the crash.

Hard to enjoy the schadenfreude when this asshat is endangering people’s lives.

16 Likes

If you pay more $$ than a house for a car and treat it as shown, probability dictates you are probably at least a little asshole-ish. But you’re right: I don’t know the dude so can’t say for sure :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Well, I smiled.

Crashes or not, it’s always enjoyable to see someone in an urban area tooling along at a maximum 25MPH in their Lambos or Ferraris. I always think “money well spent, eh dickhead?”

21 Likes

The heretofore use of “gentleman” would have done the trick, implying “jackass” without saying it.

10 Likes

I hope the city fines him for damaging the tree.

12 Likes

Just got myself an e-bike for commuting, and I can actually hit 25 easily and pass most cars in stop-and-go traffic.

8 Likes

A little bondo can make it like new again:

28 Likes

Make sure you give Mr. Lambo a wave and a big smile next time you pass him.

6 Likes

My new goal in life is to see someone with a really fancy sports car do something like this in person.

5 Likes

Tree: “Ahi!!”
Driver: “Scusa.”

9 Likes

Looks like a hobbyist’s typical fix to a Monogram car model. Man! The sinkholes!

4 Likes

I don’t feel real bad about not feeling sorry for the driver.

At first, I did. As a member of a middle-class household, even though we struggle to pay the mortgage along with health care, and rarely buy anything new, we still have way more money than anyone below a middle-class income. So even though this dude obviously has way more money than me, I have some compassion for him. (Entirely putting aside the fact that he endangered other people, of course.)

Then I think about orders of magnitude. Lower class, middle class, and Lamborghini-crashing asshats. Not a straight scale here. Eff him.

9 Likes

Do these things still use dent-resistant polymer side panels or whatever? Or are they too fancy for that?

Don’t forget the fires.

9 Likes

That guy one minute later: “Maybe I should have just kept the Bitcoin…”

11 Likes

Do these things still use dent-resistant polymer side panels or whatever? Or are they too fancy for that?

Most of these supercars have hand-moulded carbon-fiber bodies. So small dents are not a worry (apart from marring the paint job) but where a metal body panel would buckle in a larger shock (e.g. you back into something) and you could often just push it back in place or have it fixed on a more pedestrian vehicle, carbon will crack/shatter. That frequently means that the vehicle is a write-off or a very expensive body repair requiring shipping it to the manufacturer, even after a small accident.

These cars are really only for showing off and to be driven on track, nothing else.

10 Likes

Yeah, it’s not like he was driving a BMW, in which case that’s the default assumption.

7 Likes