Overpowered vintage automobile meets a wall

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/08/10/overpowered-vintage-automobile-meets-a-wall.html

8 Likes

Impressive. From Watch this! to Oh, shit! in five seconds flat.

14 Likes

Impressively missed the lamp and the tree.

8 Likes

An incident like this happens at almost every car show, cruise-in, or cars-and-coffee-style event I’ve been to over the years. The organizers always ask people not to peel out as they leave (and cops watch the exit at some events) but some idiot always does it anyway. They pour hundreds of thousands of dollars into these cars, then never spend even one day on a track learning how to drive them. Peeling out on the street is about the stupidest thing you can do. Everything to hit, cold tires, unpredictable road surface, no margins for error. Not to mention kids and dogs minding their business.

Goddam though that car is all ate up with motor. There’s nothing like the sound of a great big blower sitting on a lumpy cam. :heart_eyes:

47 Likes

also seen on that subreddit

11 Likes

giphy (5)

17 Likes

What went wrong? I’ll tell you what went wrong - he HIT THE WALL. I don’t think he meant to do that.

12 Likes

That poor wall…

9 Likes

The point where the ego meets the road. :scream:

14 Likes

This looked like an absolutely beautiful car.

looked like a monstrosity to me, driven by a dingbat

14 Likes

The only thing more dangerous than a burnout in a car like that would be a right turn.

12 Likes

This looked like an absolutely beautiful car.

Driven, as such cars frequently are, by a showboating moron. Smooth move, Speed Racer!

14 Likes

Dab of T-Cut, it’ll be good as new.

6 Likes

Ah, sad trombone, will your applicability never end?

16 Likes

From the look of that fender, he’s already got a gallon of bondo on it. Love that the bumper is just somewhat bent but hardly bruised, though. Of course.

11 Likes

That poor car deserves better.

9 Likes

Maybe he was thinking that and singing the theme song to himself. “Adventures waitin’ just aheeeeeeaaaaaaad!

4 Likes

It will be cheaper to rebuild the wall than to fix the car.

11 Likes

As much as this hurts to say given that the 1970 Chevelle was my absolute dream car as a teenager…

b0DFaUQ

7 Likes

It’s always one guy who ruins it for everyone, isn’t it? I mean, how did he expect his burnout would go?
He just finished driving through a field of wet grass and mud just prior!

7 Likes