Showoff driver smashes classic car and a brick wall

Originally published at: Showoff driver smashes classic car and a brick wall | Boing Boing

2 Likes

[credit: Koala Yummies | Flickr]

13 Likes

Ah, a timeless classic :slight_smile:

30 Likes

18 Likes

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

7 Likes

Allow me to say, in this bloke’s defense, that the Chevelle has about 10 times as much power as anything his mom drove. Also they don’t handle nearly well enough to deal with that power.

7 Likes

Allow me to say, in this bloke’s defense, they really should not be allowed to build walls that close to the street. It is a real hazard for drivers and the homeowners are lucky that no one got hurt.

2 Likes

I like the look of vintage cars, but…let’s not pretend that they have any power or safety. I mean here is the latest car radio technology of 1960s

3 Likes

It looks to be a suburban neighborhood… maybe don’t go hot-rodding down a street that is probably 30MPH if that…There is literally no need for that. THAT is the real fucking hazard to PEDESTRIANS.

13 Likes

What’s the gearhead version of “all hat, no cattle”? All pedal, no mettle?

5 Likes

A modern Lexus has about 300hp, I think about the same hp as that modified car.

2 Likes

Well, the driver did get the attention he so obviously desperately craved, so… success?

3 Likes

The wall fell over, the trees are probably more dangerous.

3 Likes

There seems to be a lot of videos of people gunning it leaving car shows and smashing really nice/expensive cars in the process. :confused:

3 Likes

Maybe don’t drop the hammer with an engine that develops that much torque. Smooooooth.

2 Likes

And he will forevermore be known as Harvey Wallbanger.

6 Likes

Dude was trying to do some “drift”

1 Like

Dude was trying to go in a straight line. Car was trying to do some drift.

9 Likes

mothers worry…

mal

5 Likes