Gentleman drives Lamborghini into a tree

Yeah. I can deal with McMansion people, but Lamborghini-crashing asshats is a whole nother x10 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As a rule, just because you have a supercar doesn’t necessarily mean you know how to drive a supercar.

11 Likes

My god…it’s full of douches.

9 Likes

Wow. He made money disappear almost as fast as the stock market does.

3 Likes

You are missing the point. These cars are ego boosters and ways to show off your money/investment material, not a practical means of transportation.

Idiot flooring the engine in a rear-engined, rear-drive Lambo, with front wheels likely not straight because he was maneuvering in the narrow street is just that - a rich idiot. That spin was completely predictable, Ferraris and especially Lambos are known for this (can’t cheat the physics, captain!).

If the doofus was showing off so much that he has turned traction control off as well, well …
Here is what happens in a Lambo in such case (and how close to spins these cars are, even with traction control on):

5 Likes

don’t rev the engine i guess.

Yeah, absolutely. Money can’t buy neither skill nor brains.

5 Likes

Not missing the point at all. I know exactly why they say they spend the money on a car like that, as well as the real reason. Hence my use of the term “dickhead.”

9 Likes

i feel bad…for that tree. and i guess let’s not forget about that brick wall. now it has a hole in it.

11 Likes

I lolz’d.

1 Like

… where they can burst into flames just as readily without threatening the safety of the general public. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I was half expecting the crane operator to give the car a nice whack against the side of the truck for good measure.

8 Likes

I only watched the video to see if the tree was ok.

(Don’t much care for cars—any cars, really, so that’s no big loss.)

6 Likes

I’m really impressed by the rear hatch popping open as soon as the thing crashes. I think that may be a safety feature to expose the engine to the firefighters who will have to put the thing out after it inevitably catches on fire.

3 Likes

Back in the early '70’s I worked at a Tom Thumb grocery in north Dallas and while it was not uncommon to see Rolls Royce’s in the parking, it was decidely weird.

2 Likes

What is the purpose of removing the licence plates before lifting the crashed car onto the tow truck?

1 Like

Was reading a thread where someone asked what was the best upgrade to spend money on for their car. The hands down winner was “The driver.” The well written response explained how most cars can outperform their drivers and upgrading them is a waste. But if you take performance driving lessons, you can upgrade your skills and get better performance out of every car you drive for the rest of your life.

12 Likes

He needs something with a better power to sense ratio.

10 Likes

I mean. My car cost more than a house*

*In Detroit.

2 Likes

I’ve heard the first lambo car (the Miura) had a troubling tendency to cover the driver in burning fuel during a crash. (Tank was located behind the front axle)

This did not impact its popularity much.

3 Likes