Lamborghini buyer sues dealer after white car turns yellow

If you are Chris Evans and you want to keep a schtick going beyond ponies.

7 Likes

I guess I’m supposed to be excited about having no sympathy for this shithead, but instead I really wish I hadn’t read this story.

8 Likes

I feel bad for the rest of the family, especially the son who’s been set this kind of example. This is depressing.

https://theoatmeal.com/pl/senior_year/economics

8 Likes

Chris Evans (the British TV presenter) prefers Ferraris

2 Likes

And a lot of shiny gold-wrapped, stainless wrapped, that weird color-changing iridescent wrap, etc… (especially in Richmond). If you are into exotic supercars, probably no better place to be outside of Dubai…

1 Like

Words of wisdom. This is why I talked myself out of buying an RV - until the day living in one most of the year changes from fantasy to reality.

8 Likes

I have a similar aspiration…

#RetirementGoals

12 Likes

Nah, they buy white cars because they look bigger and their friends have white cars. If they were going by symbolic meaning, you should see fewer white cars among Asian populations… white is the colour of death. They don’t really care any more, though. Avoiding the number 4 on license plates is still a bit of a thing, though.

5 Likes

I can tolerate a lot, but a white Dino just won’t do at all.

2 Likes

That is why I said “ponies” referring to the marque on all those cars in that picture.

Thank you!

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like it in spirit. Maybe if they allowed everyone to share in the product…

1 Like

There’s a white supremacy joke in here, somewhere…

For less than 300k you could likely by a cheap son who’d be happy with a cheap car.

2 Likes

The more expensive part might be RMA-ing the expensive son. No idea what the going rate for that sort of work is in Montreal at present; but humans are like hazmat in the sense that professional disposal that won’t expose you to significant legal risk can get rather costly; some, of course, are like hazmat in other senses as well.

(edit: on the plus side, having the first son RMAed will make the replacement even more enthusiastic about being satisfied with whatever vehicle you decide to allocate him; so there are savings to be had there…)

Hahaha!

No.

2 Likes

I find white cars utterly unimaginative.

The people who own the company aren’t the same people who make the cars. Maybe the engineers at Lamborghini have already built a guillotine and are waiting for the right moment. Until then, they just piss in the white paint.

8 Likes

I cried a tear for the father and son, but it evaporated immediately.

3 Likes

Does not meet the prerequisites.

1 Like

Apparently there’s an issue with repainting classic cars, not new ones. I think their real issue was that owning the car decreased its value. Sounds like they’re looking for their money back and a free $50K just because they got buyer’s remorse. (Also I’m assuming it already was repainted, which is why it’s turning yellow and every other car of that manufacturing batch isn’t as well. Assuming it is turning yellow.)

4 Likes