Gentleman buys a Lamborghini with Covid relief aid. Now he's going to prison

It LITERALLY is - same motor in the Urus as the Cayenne Turbo.

5 Likes

Is a tough call with LM002

Huh, I thought all the fraud in the world was performed by poor women having extra kids to get free food plus phones from Obama. I am shocked.

2 Likes

Good because fuck that awful techbro nazi book.

And because it’s not true for billionaires. They are absolutely on the free lunch programme.

4 Likes

Hey now, the book is perfectly fine. It’s anyone who uses it as a template for their politics that you should avoid.

(I always read it that Mannie was a useful dupe that the computer used to win it’s independence, and that it pretended to have been lobotomised afterwards just to get rid of him, but that’s just my personal view)

2 Likes

I disagree strongly there.

Seeing as AIs all seem to be straight out of the Nazi techbro template IRL, in that book I see the AI as providing a fig leaf of “objectivity” for the objectivist bullshit the book is marinaded in.

3 Likes

You are of course correct; wealthy people do indeed get a free lunch. And Heinlein was a dick.

4 Likes

game of thrones agree GIF

5 Likes

The gentleman was told that money was ‘fungible’ and he only heard the ‘fun’ part. Bad hearing aids, I guess.

Well, no. This was just straight up fraud.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.