Facebook and Instagram evacuated over bomb threat

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/11/facebook-and-instagram-evacuat.html

2 Likes

tumblr_m6ueo5BlJH1r4u9wdo1_400

11 Likes

So I guess this is the “new normal.”

SMH

14 Likes

Did they evacuate the users first?

12 Likes

Thankfully, Zuckerberg was able to determine there was no bomb by using his thermal scans and magnetic wave detectors Noonien Soong installed during his creation.

4 Likes

Wow. That’s some pretty hard cheese. I hope no one gets hurt. Still, as long as we are on the topic:

5 Likes

Hard to tell who it might have been. Right-wingers have been claiming “liberal bias” at FB, but that company has engendered a lot of badwill for itself across the political spectrum.

Getting employees out is the first priority at any company; “inventory” is secondary.

4 Likes

I’m not even trying to guess the perps responsible.

I’m just saying this must be what all that fucking “winning” looks like; perpetual chaos and discord, people being ugly and inhumane to one another needlessly, while the planet itself starts ‘striking back’ from all the centuries of exploitation and abuse.

/s

10 Likes

Yeah, my first thought was, “There’s hardly a shortage of suspects…”

7 Likes

I do not think this is what was meant by “delete your facebook.”

5 Likes

I was on facebook last night and I got absolutely no warning to leave! What if it had been blown up? My monitor might have exploded. Thankfully, I don’t have it on my phone.

5 Likes

Really I think you could have got away without the /s. Your assessment of the situation is pretty much spot on.

1 Like

Come on Instagram ! You just misinterpreted a picture of one of your foodies !

1 Like

That is not a very civilized way to delete your Facebook.

Honest question: how common is it for actual bombers to call in and tell people there’s a bomb before setting it off?

2 Likes

Well, the IRA used to do it loads.

6 Likes

I’m sure I remember getting sent home from school during the Mainland Campaign because the kids in the secondary school next door phoned in threats.

But had they been practising their Ulster accents?

2 Likes

It was a Catholic School in Birmingham; they could muster a wide range of Irish-descended accents among them. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.