Facebook bans anti-vax disinformation

Originally published at: Facebook bans anti-vax disinformation | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Just a PR move to bury the revelation that FB, more than Parler, was the organisational platform for the 6 Jan insurrection. In cases like this, Zuck only does the right thing years too late, when it confers some short-term advantage.

24 Likes

Good for them. I still won’t use any of their services.

10 Likes

“The horses are out of the gate, across the field, have disappeared over the mesa, have given birth to multiple generations, and have now evolved intelligence and are building pyramids. But hey, here comes Facebook to close the barn doors!”

24 Likes

Better late than never I guess. Hopefully Twitter will add it to the things you can report.

1 Like

Just in time! Before they can do any damage! /s

prince-harry-mad

10 Likes

Well this is me awaiting developments:

but seriously, apart from the unparalleled sliminess of Creepbook, this is a serious problem. Wide boys such as those have proven themselves VERY good at pushing boundaries and exploiting blind spots, aided in this by the general creakiness of normal institutions. Lawmakers have been reeling/sleeping for a decade or more, and we have seen what can happen in such a void.
Dare we hope for a better future in the social media sphere? Sounding pretty creaky myself today…

2 Likes

This.
Whole.
Entire.
Thread:

5 Likes

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Silly me, I thought they had already started doing this around 1976.

That’s like taking a stand against the Axis powers a year after Pearl Harbor.

6 Likes

Is this their second PR cycle of banning anti-vaxxers? I could swear that we already went through a cycle of breathless media coverage regarding FB shutting down anti-vaxxers?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.