Why did Facebook block pro-vaccination ads and run anti-vaccination ads? Money!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/15/why-did-facebook-block-pro-vac.html

4 Likes

FBook murder for money? Yes, and the Zuck won’t stop until we stop him.

download-1

23 Likes

Anything is political if you’re brave enough.

7 Likes

Or greedy enough.

9 Likes
13 Likes

“I’m Morbillivirus and I approve this message.”

16 Likes

Kennedy money speaks loudly

16 Likes

:expressionless:

#DELETEFACEBOOK!

11 Likes

37 Likes

Meanwhile, during the same period, countries where corporate profits aren’t the be-all-and-end-all of decision-making got fed up with these dangerous woo peddlers.

14 Likes

Utterly vile.

4 Likes

Pfft on fines. Take their kids away and send 'em to jail for child abuse.

5 Likes

Wait … I thought Facebook was allowing political ads. So why would they take anything down because it was “political?” They were supposedly taking down some things (ads?) if they were untrue (but allowing false political ads). But here we have legit ads that are ostensibly true, and they are getting taken down.

Also, these pro-vaxx ads presumably paid for ad space like any other ad. So … I’m super confused as to why FB would take them down.

4 Likes

From what I gather, Facebook considers pro-vaccination ads to be political, but since they weren’t labeled by the advertiser as being political, Facebook banned them.

9 Likes

Pro-vaxx is political, anti-vaxx is not political? WTF? Not that Zuck cares, but damn, people, kids die! I’m, sorry, was that a political statement? I do not give a fuck. Vaccinate your kids before this gets completely out of hand.

10 Likes

Maybe when you blame the universe for the tragedies that have befallen your family, this is your way to get back at the universe. Bit by bit.

/s

1 Like

13 Likes

I see anti-vaxxers as being funded by Big Lung.

1 Like

They’ve had enormous tragedies. They
where both horrible and horribly public.

Every family has had their own enormous tragedies- much more privately.

The trick is not trying to take back from the world piece by piece; but contributing to it. And that has been something they’ve excelled at. But when they’re wrong- they need calling out- just as we all do. This vaccine nonsense hurts people- it hurts real people- often powerless people every day.

That’s not the legacy he wants. That’s not the legacy we have wantA.

8 Likes

Like in China.
When money is not enough to get something,… just bring more money.
They also accept political ad for Pro-Beijing view on HK from a country where Facebook is blocked.
Money is the only things matters for Facebook

1 Like