Facebook-fooling shirts to foil auto-tagging

Not even that. Your name WILL be on the photo. But you’re “pushing back against the system”. Or something. :slight_smile:

Surely the easier solution is to not have a Facebook account. They’re automatically tagging you because they know who you are; they know who you are because you told them everything about you.

Or, you know, just control what you put on there. Just because you have a Facebook account, doesn’t mean you are obliged to tell them everything about you. There isn’t a single tagged photo of me on Facebook, so the auto-tagging facial recognition stuff here would have nothing to go on any way.

these are good 1st line suggestions (@NathanHornby included) but it has become increasingly so that facebook knows who you are by the other people on facebook who know you and post about you. I have a facebook account that has next to nothing on it, but the rampant tagging of other folks means there’s a lot more about me in there than I’d approve of. Unfortunately, facebook doesn’t let you do the totally resonable step of approving tags of you when people attempt them. but it’s moved beyond even that to where people who don’t even have account “exist” as a nexus of discussions about them between related people. And that’s now, year 9 of facebook.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.