Facebook says this white nationalist video doesn’t break its new white nationalism ban. Huh?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/02/facebook-says-this-white-natio.html

7 Likes

I can’t seem to find the video. Is it reprehensible?

2 Likes

Well don’t need to give it a platform here. I guess a link would be nice for those with the stomach for it.

8 Likes

22 Likes

When you’re too toxic for Rebel Media, you’re toxic!

16 Likes

I can’t seem to find the video. Is it reprehensible?

It’s at the top of her facebook page, titled “RACE AGAINST TIME”. It’s blatant white genocide conspiracy theory, which apparently she’s been openly promoting for quite some time.

6 Likes

tumblr_p36dps7izR1w97wono2_500

16 Likes

The girl making the OK sign is from a stock video. Apparently they were too lazy to find a real racist, or more likely there are no photogenic ones.

7 Likes

I deactivated my Facebook last November, but I’m tempted to re-join just to report this. And then deactivate again.

3 Likes

And BoingBoing doesn’t need to lend the URL any Google juice. I’ve heard enough about this C-list neo-Nazi sympathiser to take Xeni at her word about the video.

As for Facebook, this is just another of the countless stories that make me glad I never joined the platform.

21 Likes

I had disappointment with orkut, myspace, etc. and I figured friendface was going to go the way they all did so never bothered then the privacy boondoggles started about the time I considered maybe joining and said nope.

5 Likes

To answer a question from the previous thread, @Mindysan33 proved prophetic: I did report the dude. Got a message saying his stuff does not violate FB standards. It’s not even dogwhistle territory. It’s a fucking air horn Nazi shit.

19 Likes

Did anyone really think Zuckie would inconvenience racists and Nazis?

6 Likes

It appears to be gone now from her facebook page. Those super “pro-active” facebookers are at it again! What an astounding bunch of complete dofuses.

1 Like

I’m not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I’d explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I deleted Facebook over 2 years ago.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s futile but I did it. Logged in and reported it as hate speach. Maybe if you’ve got a Facebook account you could do that also.

But I highly recommend ditching Facebook. I’ve been happy without it. I text message people I actually care about and come to boingboing bbs to talk politics. Ha.

6 Likes

I didn;t like the stifling feeling that sharing even mild political posts would be held against me. I gathered up phone #s and moved my close friends to Signal, and haven’t looked back.

3 Likes

demands that Jews and people of color repay the white European countries they’ve “invaded.

By this logic Canadians (and all other white people who are descended from colonisers) should repay the native peoples they invaded. Wonder how often people mention this to their white pride faces.

Actually, this is being done to some degree in New Zealand through the Waitangi Tribunal, but it seems very slow and difficult for iwi (tribes) to claim back the land and values that was taken from them.

19 Likes

Also if we have the link we can report it. Iirc they at least temp remove if enough ppl report

I wish I wasn’t right… and it would be nice if people who ran platforms like FB took that shit seriously. They won’t until it has some sort of consequences for them, regulatory or mass exodus or something.

Oh, also I forget… BUT FREEZE PEACH!!!

11 Likes