Fallout TV show gets its first teaser

Originally published at: Fallout TV show gets its first teaser | Boing Boing

They dropped Paper Girls and The Peripheral after one season. Neither was a limited one shot.

No chance I’m watching.

6 Likes

I haven’t watched The Peripheral, but the cancellation of paper girls really, really hurt.

I will still probably check this out though… because Fallout. Since they are not tied to a specific story line like the peripheral and paper girls were, I am hopeful that they will be smart enough to have each season be relatively self-contained.

4 Likes

Me and my daughter are angry over paper girls. We both bear grudges against the Uber wealthy.

3 Likes

Since we’re on the topic Imma take the opportunity to lament the cancelation of The Tick. (N.B. this is the third Tick TV show, the second live-action one, and much better than the first live-action one. But still canceled.)

4 Likes

That’s just how streaming TV works now.

Everybody starts watching at the beginning, not the middle. Later episodes can only have fewer viewers, never more. Eventually it’s not worth the expense to continue anything.

2 Likes

Damn, I didn’t know they’d cancelled The Peripheral; I really liked it! The performances were excellent and the visuals were stunning.
Bah.

I’ll be interested to see how this turns out, especially considering that it will be following in the footsteps of the Apple adaptation of Hugh Howey’s Silo, which was also great, and is also notable as having been influenced by Fallout.

I’m also not a big fan of Bethesda / Zenimax. They’ve got some really seedy business practices.

3 Likes

And I’m out.

TV is kind of done anyway. First they take things that have big audiences and then drag them out, they pull scummy stunts like split the last season in two to keep the actors and creatives on the same contract while dragging more out of the show. That was always narratively shitty and a waste of everyone’s time. They then took one and done shows and dragged them on for millennia. And then they went with shoes with huge audiences which gradually would have had more featured players and nickel and dimed them and eventually shut the show down (OitNB, GLOW) while they had huge audiences (they don’t tell you how many people watch, but it occasionally comes out a bit. Orange wasn’t shit down because of lack of audience. )

The streamers are like the financial companies that replaced utilities. Their only concern is new subscribers, they believe that their current subscribers will stay on with rising prices, shittier service, and shittier product as long as they have a shining offer to attract new subscribers the market will be happy for another quarter.

Fuck that. I’m watching films.

The so called golden age of TV is long over and it’s not even subtle or difficult to work out what happened, how they killed it.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that this art is AI-generated. I could forgive the weird “backwards” red car as just something stylized, but the 3-legged woman under Vault Boy’s right hand is a pretty clear indication.

1 Like

Given Fallout though, a three legged woman is well within the realm of possibility.

1 Like

What are you lookin’ at, smoothskin?

2 Likes

One of the rare comments I can hear.

3 Likes

That’s where I’m landing, too. I’ll go back to watching series after they’re completed, to know whether the story and quality end up being enough to spend time on.

2 Likes

The Peripheral was renewed for a second season, but has recently been dropped with Amazon using the strike as justification.

Fuck the studios.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.