Families sue U.S. sperm bank after " healthy genius" donor turns out to be a psychotic criminal

You only have the most general idea of what is in a given sausage

3 Likes

This is shocking, given the large percentage of genuine “healthy geniuses” who have a sperm bank donation based income.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. Especially if the resulting baby is a boy there’s a huge probability that the kid will suffer with the disease in adult life.

And to those that don’t understand the seriousness of it, schizophrenia eats the brain with every psychotic crisis so the quality of life deteriorates until the person dies.

By not screening something so severe this bank is royally screwed.

2 Likes

Again, my problem with this isn’t the “genius” bit. Is the “these kids are at risk of developing schizophrenia at their 20s” bit despite all the nurture in the world.

2 Likes

Are you aware of the fact that schizophrenia is evident in all economic classes, and from all types of families?

You’re also making the common assumption that if an adult (or couple) chooses a non-conventional means to procure a baby this means they are financially and emotionally more capable of raising the child “properly”.

4 Likes

So Trump has 36 more kids?

3 Likes

Schizophrenia may appear in all social classes, but there’s definitely a non genetic component to the condition, if nothing else as a trigger to actually becoming unwell. Being wealthy in a low stress environment probably is protective to an extent.

Here’s some inspirational quotes for those affronted that their designer babies/potential genius kids are crazy;

“The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success”

“Poor people are crazy, Jack. I’m eccentric.”

“But you’re the ones who’ve been bad. Doctor, we know you and the bootblack have been rogering the fishwife at the crumpet shop.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.